(FIXED) 2.7 VR Canopy reflections make the game unplayable

MrPickles

I love the clouds in the new 2.7 update.

However, all the canopy reflections are very intense.  The A10A is completely unplayable they are so strong.  Is there a way to completely disable them?  I only play single player so don't care about IC.

In 2.5x I used various mods to remove them - they no longer work in 2.7.

I've attached a screen capture.  The white blob in the middle of the HUD completely obscures targets, especially with any cloud cover.  The reflections move around you when you are looking around and are really distracting.

Thanks!!

Untitled.png

Edited by MrPickles
add photo

I am using an Oculus Quest 1 via link.  It should be a normal 2.7 install. 

This is the default cockpit.  Low/med/high textures all look the same for reflections 

I tried the a10a "horse of war" cockpit as it doesn't have as strong glass reflections as in 2.5 and it still looked like this.

I tried the p51 and su25a.  Reflections are much more subdued but still really distracting 

The Guardian have you tried the a10a in 2.7?  Were there strong reflections?

Edited by MrPickles
Spelling
  • Like 1

Well I just spent an couple hours looking through all the files trying to find the graphic that it is projecting on the glass, no luck.

It is terrible - the reflection on the front glass piece shows the artificial horizon - which is facing AWAY from that piece of glass and is behind it.  Plus, when you do a run in and your artificial horizon moves (the actual gauge) the reflection just sits there directly in the HUD glass unmoving...

Anyway, if anyone at Eagle Dynamics reads this please throw a guy a bone and show me which file to make all black to remove the reflection.

THANKS!!

(Otherwise the new update looks great)

19 hours ago, MrPickles said:

I love the clouds in the new 2.7 update.

However, all the canopy reflections are very intense.  The A10A is completely unplayable they are so strong.  Is there a way to completely disable them?  I only play single player so don't care about IC.

In 2.5x I used various mods to remove them - they no longer work in 2.7.

I've attached a screen capture.  The white blob in the middle of the HUD completely obscures targets, especially with any cloud cover.  The reflections move around you when you are looking around and are really distracting.

Thanks!!

Untitled.png

When you restart the mission with the same A-10A the reflection dissappears. Happens also in 2D.

Edited by Gryzor

I'm finding the same issue in 2D since 2.7 - have just tested the Spitfire and Tomcat, and the reflections are now way too strong, obscuring much of my view to the sides and rear quarters. 

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

5 hours ago, GunSlingerAUS said:

I'm finding the same issue in 2D since 2.7 - have just tested the Spitfire and Tomcat, and the reflections are now way too strong, obscuring much of my view to the sides and rear quarters. 

Does global cockpit in options have any thing to do with this . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

On 4/17/2021 at 8:43 PM, Con said:

Does global cockpit in options have any thing to do with this . 

I haven't tried that setting, will do.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

1 hour ago, GunSlingerAUS said:

I haven't tried that setting, will do.

Lets us know how you get on . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• MrPickles changed the title to (FIXED) 2.7 VR Canopy reflections make the game unplayable
On 4/19/2021 at 5:16 PM, KoN said:

Lets us know how you get on . 

Made no difference  😞. Spitfire still has utterly terrible reflections in 2D, blocking off about 60% of the canopy - mainly to the sides and rear. 

This happens with every aircraft and it is not fixed: "When you restart the mission with the same A-10A - or other planes -, the new reflection effect dissappears (it seems that some reflection properties change when loading a second time the same A/C). Happens also in 2D, not only in VR."

On 4/23/2021 at 4:39 AM, GunSlingerAUS said:

Made no difference  😞. Spitfire still has utterly terrible reflections in 2D, blocking off about 60% of the canopy - mainly to the sides and rear. 

Bug report 

Even after restart . 

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .