Are there save points mid mission?

Katmandu

Is it possible to save progress mid mission, like in the Rising Squall campaign? I have no problem with long hour and a half missions, but replaying them when something fails is a pain. Would be good to have this as standard in all DCS campaigns too.

Is it possible to save progress mid mission, like in the Rising Squall campaign? I have no problem with long hour and a half missions, but replaying them when something fails is a pain. Would be good to have this as standard in all DCS campaigns too.
Not yet, but several users have requested it.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Not directly.

Indirectly:

1 - Watch the track after the mission and fast forward to any point you want. Then hit Esc and use the "Take Control" option. You're now flying the mission.

2 - RAlt + J is the default command to jump into another friendly plane (usually your wingman). So if your aircraft is destroyed you can fly the mission as another plane.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I would point out though as far as Exocet's idea is concerned - If you do that for a campaign mission, I don't think it will count as a mission success, so you'd just be wasting your time if you wanted to progress the campaign.

Also... the chances of the track being accurate and not developing an issue is pretty slim.

• Like 1

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR