Reverb G2 Blue Screens?

Zimpow

• ED Team

Hi

can you attach your dcs log after it happens, and let us know your system spec. 

Also make sure steamvr and windows mixed reality are up to date. Go to the Microsoft store and check for updates also.

thanks 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Are you running the beta version of WMR for SteamVR? Opting out of the beta seems to have helped with some SteamVR crashes (blue screen and DCS still running)

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I have been chasing down blue screen issues with my Reverb G1 for several weeks now. What makes it especially hard is that I am convinced I have had three distinct issues:

1/ I have the original G1 cable (with a replacement newer headset). I could make the headset blue screen by wiggling the cable connector near the headset. I taped this up and that seemed to have solved it.

2/ I had SteamVR crashes which caused the Reverb to restart (initially blue screen). This seems to be an issue with the WMR for SteamVR beta. Rolling back seems to have stopped that

3/ I have had emf issues with my sim racing rig in the past with previous headsets (Pimax & Index) which would grey out when I touched certain parts of the headset. I tried ferrite cores but the only resolution was gloves. This seems to have become an occasional issue with the Reverb. I touch the headset and it would blue screen with no pull on the cable. So maybe I need to wear gloves like a real pilot!

The 4th issue would appear to be DCS causing a SteamVR crash if it repeatable at the same point, possibly a combination of versions of WMR Portal, WMR for SteamVR, SteamVR, graphics drivers, Windows updates etc.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I'm beginning to suspect my cable.

If I try to respawn or restart a mission or select role again I go blue screen headset.  Steam VR and DCS still running?

Deleting my saved games folder solved the rearm window issue.

• 3 weeks later...

@despinoza Got WMR "blue screens" all of a sudden  also CTDs. Everything worked for months before that.  No 2D issues. Just changed the USB selective standby setting : works like a charm now. Never had so much hardware trouble than trying to make VR to run smoothly. Thanks would never have found this alone.

:Ryzen 5800X | RTX3090 | 32Gb RAM | Nvme SSD Gen.4 | Reverb G2 | Virpil WarBrd Base | Constellation Alpha Grip / Virpil CM3 Throttle

Got the same problem, when high loads are happening like Rearming, sometimes at the end of server load
Rig:- Z390 Aorus Master- i9 9900K 5Ghz- RTX3080 TUF Gaming- 64GB RAM G-Skill 3200Mhz- M2 NVME Intel & Samsung- HP Reverb G2- Water Cooling Corsair H150i- Joy X56 from Saitek- Propedals for rudder control

I've come from an Odyssey G1 to a Reverb G2 - these symptoms are similar. It happens whenever I make a drastic view change - ie, F2 view to another aircraft that is 150nm away, so it has to render the aircraft and the map and scenery around it, or - the F10 map. It doesn't happen every time, but roughly about 10% of the time. On the Odyssey it would so something similar, but the headset would instead just crash out. My Reverb does that too, sometimes it bluescreens and then just goes to a black screen while the sim continues running, and continues tracking. 

I can't say I'd blame ED for this one entirely, but perhaps there's better ways to go about rendering.. It feels like the GPU just gets overloaded with a new request for a new environment out of the blue, and takes up such a toll on the GPU that essentially WMR crashes out because there's nothing to even really render at this point, the GPU is maxed out. Staggered rendering in a way would be a better way to go about it I guess is the best way to put it, at least when switching external views - initial render is low res, then populate with higher renders. As for the F10 map, this has been an issue for me for over a year now because it's the same damn problem. It's ditching the cockpit and environment we were just in, and now rendering a totally new environment with an aircraft in the hangar bay. Tolls out the GPU, and if you're unlucky, you bluescreen out. I wish they'd just move onto a live F10 overlay map like the kneeboard.