DCS & Rift S problem

Chappy500

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone else has seen/had this issue.  Seems to be ever since 2.7 released, that when I go to play using the Rift S, my GPU core clock tanks to 300mhz and won't move, thus causing horrid, unplayable performance issues. The first time seemed to be because of an nVidia driver update, but now it is happening again after the most recent updates.  I have tried all the usual things of repair/replacing drivers, resetting nVidia settings, no mods, repair DCS, etc etc and no luck.  If I open the game in non-VR then it works fine and FPS stays way up, it's just as soon as the DCS Main Menu loads it bombs to 300mhz core clock and I'm getting 5FPS in game, 12 at the home screen.

System: IBP Snowblind, i7-9700k, Zotac RTX2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 , Samsung 970 Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe, WD 1TB, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T.Flight Pedals, TM MFD's, Buddyfox A10C UFC

Modules/Maps: F/A-18C, A10C, UH-1H, F-15, F5, P51, F14, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• ED Team

Hi,

can you attach your dcs log, it may have some clues 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yep, more info needed. See my PI for rig details, but in 2.7 latest, always smooth in single player but obviously multiplayer can get a bit weird at times, seems to be "more weird more often" in VR than "normal" but nothing that seems unusual.

Here an Rift S user aswell, with weird problems like screentearing, low fps, massive stuttering at certain not explainable times on MP servers. Tried everything without being able to fix it. Change of visual settings do not change anything to my fps.

My oculus sometimes even get so much stuttering with screentearing it loses connection with the gane and gets me back into the oculus home screen with DCS still running in the backgound but unable to get it back into oculus without closing DCS and restarting.

Never had anything like this as it seems before the 2.7 patch for some reason.

MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus - Ryzen 5 5600x - RTX3070 - 32GB Ram - HP Reverb G2 - Warthog HOTAS - VKB rudder pedals

I haven't log into DCS for a few weeks and fly in VR with the rift s. Today I updated and I get  micro stutters in VR after logging onto both single player game play and also multiplayer . DCS has always been a great performer in VR but today, not so much. Was using old Nvidia Drivers with the issue but have updated to the latest ones but has not fixed the issue. I also noticed that there was a recent RIFT S update. 

VR in other games such as MSFS and Elite Dangerous are silky smooth

Since yesterday after i updated the last 2 updates for DCS World, and i cleaned up my SSD's from old drivers and other old files im having better stable mp fps and somehow my graphics look better.

Yesterday i did had 1 moment during MP i got major stutters and lag with screentearing for 10 seconds.

But overall im happy with my current performance and visuals.

Edit: nevermind. Just had terrible fps again with screentearing damnit...

Edited by RvL

MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus - Ryzen 5 5600x - RTX3070 - 32GB Ram - HP Reverb G2 - Warthog HOTAS - VKB rudder pedals

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay, work has kept me slammed busy this week. Based on several bits of feedback, I had tried uninstalling/reinstalling the nVidia drivers a few times.  I realized I had forgotten to install GeForce Experience the last time so I reinstalled one more time.  Low and behold everything works perfectly smooth again.  No idea why it took my PC 4 times to correctly install that driver but I haven't had an issue since, to include updating the hotfix from ED this week.  I did see another nVidia update pop up this morning, but I think I am going to hold off on that at least for this weekend so I can get some good flights in while I have it working right haha!  Thanks for all the input and I'll report back if more issues.

System: IBP Snowblind, i7-9700k, Zotac RTX2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 , Samsung 970 Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe, WD 1TB, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T.Flight Pedals, TM MFD's, Buddyfox A10C UFC

Modules/Maps: F/A-18C, A10C, UH-1H, F-15, F5, P51, F14, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria