Leap Support!!!

11 hours ago, edmuss said:

I don't know what pimax does with the hand tracking, pretty sure it's ultraleap hardware but I don't know what software it's running on. Have you tried with the ultraleap Gemini drivers?

It uses Ultraleap. I have Gemini and updated to 5.17 last night but it might have been worse than 5.16.

Specs: i7 13700KF @ 5.5, 64Gb RAM, RTX 4090, Pimax Crystal

Is anyone using an ultraleap with the latest beta (48335)?  When I turn on openxr in the ultraleap control panel I cannot get DCS to start in VR.

I can get it to work in the stable version, but only by using the Special tab.  Nothing works if I try and enable it in the VR tab instead.  

Edited by j9murphy

12 minutes ago, j9murphy said:

Is anyone using an ultraleap with the latest beta (48335)?  When I turn on openxr in the ultraleap control panel I cannot get DCS to start in VR.

I can get it to work in the stable version, but only by using the Special tab.  Nothing works if I try and enable it in the VR tab instead.  

I had to copy the leapc.dll to DCS in order for it to work.

13900KF NVD4090 32RAM G2

Hello !

@Hammer3246 where do you find this leapc.dll and where do you install in DCS ?

I've got the same issue yersterday with my crystal and the latest Gemini driver. Impossible to launch DCS in VR anymore (after DCS cleanup & repair + uninstall Leapmotion, drivers, via Opencomposite, via SteamVR ...)

Thanks in advance

AMD 7700X/ RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio/ 32GB DDR5 6000

Virpil Joystick CM3 base + Alpha prime grip +Throttle CM3 + TRP Thrustmaster & Pimax Crystal

Hi,

Thanks. Found and under testing

Edited by Max57

Virpil Joystick CM3 base + Alpha prime grip +Throttle CM3 + TRP Thrustmaster & Pimax Crystal

Thanks Hammer3246

DCS in VR working again and possible to use the handtracking via the DCS/VR Tab 🫡

Edited by Max57

Hi,

I've used theOpenXR one. And saved the DCS original version before of course

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to use the Leap "hands" to just control the "laser pointer" without activating the "touch" controls (and clicking buttons using left and right mouse)? It currently looks like you either enable both pointers and touch or neither. I'd like to try to use my left hand as a mouse while clicking buttons using mapped HOTAS buttons. I get too many unintended switch activations with touch enabled.

1 hour ago, fabio.dangelo said:

with the last update the leap support broke!!!

Now the selection in the VR tab(no longer has the ultraleap logo in the lower right corner) and in the menu there are three items, 

Nothing

Controller

Tracker

Selecting the tracker causes DCS to crash.

If I select ultraleap from the SPECIAL TAB it works nworse than usual.

Give me the latest version again please!!!  

I have these same options as well but selecting Tracker works for me (doesn't crash) and utilizes the Leap hands as controllers.

Also ensure that touch is enabled, it's possible to have it disabled in which case you can't flick any switches.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

21 hours ago, A.F. said:

You must activate Leap Motion in the VR tap. And "use controller" must not be activated.
There must be no checkmark anywhere
(I'm not in DCS right now)

Thanks, got it to work now. Is there a good way to tweak the xyz offsets? Seems a bit random atm. Also, can the active area of the fingertip be reduced, or shown on screen somehow? I'm having troubles pushing the button i want?

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Badger1815:

Thanks, got it to work now. Is there a good way to tweak the xyz offsets? Seems a bit random atm. Also, can the active area of the fingertip be reduced, or shown on screen somehow? I'm having troubles pushing the button i want?

In the VR tab you have sliders with which you can set xyz
There is no way to limit the click space. But it's a matter of getting used to it and training

@BIGNEWY can you report to the team that the leap dll file that is being packaged with DCS is causing failure to start in DCS again. Need to rename or delete it out of the mt-bin folder in order to start up VR.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat

• 4 months later...

I've noticed recently that the leap motion tracking has been causing regular CPU spikes which are causing performance to momentarily drop and cause stutter when flying heavier missions (pretense syria modern specifically).  I've only really noticed these in the last week or so.  Will be flying along at >90fps but every 5 seconds or so the CPU spikes on main thread and fps dips to 85 for half a second or so causing a bit of a hitch.

Setting the leap tracking service to low priority (from high) and affinity to cores 14&15 (DCS has no affinity set) seems to eliminate this without any noticeable detriment to the tracking, can anyone corroborate?

edit: have carried out further testing and low priority with default core affinity is sufficient to stop the hitching, I've reached out to ultraleap to see if there's any way to automatically manipulate the tracking service priority 🙂

Edited by edmuss