Cannot get my Rockets to fire

Eisprinzessin
Go to solution Solved by hornblower793,

Hi there!

Starting from cold an dark, i did not get my rockets to fire (pilots seat). Everything runs smooth. 7.62, 12.7 and 30mm even the grenade launcher. But when i switch do RKT nothing happens pulling the trigger (it is the same stage, isnt it? Fire Weapon).

Did i miss special activation switch for the Rockets? In Wags Clip for unguided Qeapons nothing is mentioned special for RKT.

Greetings

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

• Solution

The patch notes did say to limit to preset config to avoid weapon conflicts (also happens IRL)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

And how do you aim with the grenade launcher?

Btw why would there be a difference between MG pods and nade pod?

Nade pod workes, gun pod not?

Would be nice to get it clarified bei ED!

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

I don't know - it is possible that ED will add some more presets

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

And the next problem. Doing everything in the same way as told in the ATGM trining mission, my sight doors wont open in my "mid air starting" personal built mission. everything is setted as learned, but the wont open pressing the observe switch.

Specs:

4 minutes ago, Eisprinzessin said:

And the next problem. Doing everything in the same way as told in the ATGM trining mission, my sight doors wont open in my "mid air starting" personal built mission. everything is setted as learned, but the wont open pressing the observe switch.

I don't know how sometimes the doors don't open, sometimes they do. You need to have the front panel configured properly so that light lits up when doors opens (top center IIRC) . And of course remember power B2 & B1 at the far right power panel in front cockpit. Then the door switch works right... I assume.

I can't get gun working, after letting Petrovich launch free missiles it starts working. But before that nothing. Rockets work, but cannon is silent.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

12 hours ago, Eisprinzessin said:

I mean: 

For real. How to aim with the grenade launcher? I feel 8t to go everywhere but not where I'm aimng at. Up down left right...

The grenades are very odd. I have not really mastered their use in Mi-8MTV2, but it feels like they fly totally wrong direction when fired from slight side drift. You move to left, you aim to right, and grenades flies to far left. It is like they leave the barrel in very odd curve. Why you need to get to perfect straight flight and then just spam them around. As they are shot at crazy high angle for some reason. 

Excellent weapon when you have infantry and light vehicles. But as well seems to be too little spread for AoA weapon that gets so effected by wind and motion.

Just now, Eisprinzessin said:

B1&2 are up, Missle power and SCHO Power as well and everything is rdy....puh...weird stuff

It feels like there is some problem to get things powered. You can flip correct switches but doors don't open. Btw, check is the cannon not selected either cockpit. As I have faint recollection that gun selected the doors might not open to protect it.

Yeah, but i honestly did not use them any more because of their "spreadness".

Played my mission again right now and the doors opened. Did everything like the try before.

But wenn i say Petrovich from my pilots see to scan for targets (up short) he always says "connot move sight already". strange thin: if i jump to operator seat, i can slew the sight.

Specs:

1 hour ago, Eisprinzessin said:

Yeah, but i honestly did not use them any more because of their "spreadness".

Played my mission again right now and the doors opened. Did everything like the try before.

There are oddities like that currently. You do same thing time after time and it doesn't work, until suddenly it does 

1 hour ago, Eisprinzessin said:

But wenn i say Petrovich from my pilots see to scan for targets (up short) he always says "connot move sight already". strange thin: if i jump to operator seat, i can slew the sight.

He does that! 

I believe that sight is broken, as its stabilization isn't working.

It should keep the vector, and operator needs to compensate for helicopter movements in two plane.

Now the sight is waving around even in near perfect hover (what now it moves forward like 0.2 meters per second, very obvious in outside camera).

They are still missing to show the Petrovich scanning the area, where you should see the pipper moving around in you gunsight.

56 minutes ago, Eisprinzessin said:

Yeah, in my last try he did his job. strange because i did nothing different as before.

I think they have to fix several stuff. but anyway this bird is insanly fun.

I see Petro moving the sight around for sure.  I get weird bugs too and him saying it isn't ready but I most definitely can see the 'ccip' reticle moving (with him moving the sight) and home in on a target he acquires?

Now its getting really weird. I did not get a sight any more. 

I think something is buggy with the cold start mechanism and the row in which you set the switches to on.

Edit:

Took preset config

Shturm - 30mm GL - 12.7+7.62   -  -   -   12.7+7.62 - 30mm GL - Shturm

Fixed 30mm Cannon not firing.

Edit2:

Startet MID AIR with 

SHTURM - SHTURM - 12.7+7.62 --- 12.7+7.62 - SHTURM - SHTURM

- everything worked fine. Incl. 30mm fixed gun. So i think it is really a cold start problem....

Edited by Eisprinzessin

Specs:

• 2 weeks later...

OK, final question 🙂

I selected standard weapons layot Shturm - Shturm - GUV - GUV - Shturm - Shturm

I get no reday light for Sthurms on inner pylon as well Petrovich doesnt fire them. I this a confirmed bug that inner pylons dont fire Shturm or have i to activate inner pylons before use or am i just to stupid?

Fact: no costumized weapon layout, standard and after Petro fired 4 Shturms i didnt get a tone any more...

• Like 1

Specs:

The innermost pylons won't hold shturms.

You can take 8 max.

I can get all weapons to work from a cold start.

Message me if you want me to tell you step by step how I cold start.  I also would left cntrl + w as soon as you spawn so Petro activates the missiles. They need like 3 minutes

On 6/17/2021 at 8:50 AM, hornblower793 said:

The patch notes did say to limit to preset config to avoid weapon conflicts (also happens IRL)

That's funny, cause I made my own preset, 4 rocket pods and guns. Everything works as expected.

Make sure you jump in the front seat and arm all weapons;  the big switch on the left side.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU