CubeSim - Protection of Money - Just a 'Heads up'

Not sure about it not been dishonest.

When I first mentioned the issue Garfiled told me that he has NEVER had a problem like this before!!!!

10 hours ago, Toni Carrera said:

Who would have thought this would get to 9 pages 😉

You mean 10 pages.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

On 2/6/2022 at 2:51 PM, rapid said:

Hi SilentSierra,

Here is a link to the video. As you can see it switches on then turns off. In case any one askes yes I swapped inputs around and the issue stayed with the monitor even tried it on a different PC and the issue stayed with the monitor while the other one worked so the issue IS the monitor.

and the high pitch sound are the fans in the monitors.

Video link >>>>Bad monitor

seems like some sort of cap problem on the controller board...ie cannot handle voltage therefore cuts off

def controller board. are the fans on? overheating maybe?

Edited by protea1

AMD FX-8350

PALLIT GeForce GTX 1080 [ NVIDIA]

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

10 hours ago, protea1 said:

seems like some sort of cap problem on the controller board...ie cannot handle voltage therefore cuts off

def controller board

Sounds about right

• Like 1

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Good news for you @rapid  I asked: "What is the status of the screens production? Is it back on manufacturing?"

He answer:

Yes, it is. 

We have started production and packaging, and the first shipment is expected at the end of February.
Best regards!
Garfield.Zhou

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

16 minutes ago, SilentSierra said:

Good news for you @rapid  I asked: "What is the status of the screens production? Is it back on manufacturing?"

He answer:

Yes, it is. 

We have started production and packaging, and the first shipment is expected at the end of February.
Best regards!
Garfield.Zhou

Many thanks SilentSierra,

Hope it's true as he does tell a lot of dis information.

6 minutes ago, rapid said:

Many thanks SilentSierra,

Hope it's true as he does tell a lot of dis information.

I think you should ask Garfield about your replacement whether it is or not in this first shipment. You deserve to have priority.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

6 hours ago, SilentSierra said:

I think you should ask Garfield about your replacement whether it is or not in this first shipment. You deserve to have priority.

You must have read my mind. I fired an email off as soon as you posted but I am yet to receive a reply.

Will update you as soon as I hear anything. Knowing him he will leave me till last and send off his fresh orders like before terrible service.

2 minutes ago, rapid said:

You must have read my mind. I fired an email off as soon as you posted but I am yet to receive a reply.

Will update you as soon as I hear anything. Knowing him he will leave me till last and send off his fresh orders like before terrible service.

I asked about your screens also. Due to time, we'll know tomorrow.

Best regards.

10 hours ago, SilentSierra said:

I asked about your screens also. Due to time, we'll know tomorrow.

Best regards.

Hi SilentSierra,

Thanks for that.

Here is my reply from Cubesim "Hello, Sir, we have resumed production and are now working hard on production. It is expected that we will send you the tracking number in early March.

Best regards!
Garfield.Zhou"

So not the end of February as what was agreed but now early March for a tracking number lets see if he sticks to it.

What a run around really not worth all the stress.

Edited by rapid

@rapid

It's not that bad.

They were out of stock of screens and materials.

The good news, they started back to produce the screens.

The new ones, they said, will be better than the first generation.

Let us know when you receive your replacement.

I'll make my order when they would be with production stable.

Best regards.

6 hours ago, SilentSierra said:

@rapid

It's not that bad.

They were out of stock of screens and materials.

The good news, they started back to produce the screens.

The new ones, they said, will be better than the first generation.

Let us know when you receive your replacement.

I'll make my order when they would be with production stable.

Best regards.

Ok sounds like a plan.

• 3 weeks later...

An update!

Chased Garfield again as he id promise early March....."Hello, Sir, we are working overtime now. We will deliver the goods to you as soon as possible.

Best regards!
Garfield.Zhou
From CUBESIM!

Always with the delay tactics this really sucks.

Edited by rapid

and so it goes on 😭

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

They are working on it. It's near to deliver it to you.

I will purchase again when they be on schedule.

Best regards.

• 2 weeks later...

Round and round we go......

Hi Garfield,

I have been waiting for 5 months now for a replacement monitor and still no replacement.

You made me wait many months for the original order and when it finally arrived one of the monitors was faulty and you still have not replaced it.

If you cannot fill the order let me know and i will send a claim into Paypal.

Hello, Sir, we have started production, but it still takes a little time, we do not need to deceive you, promised to deliver the goods will be sent to you, please trust more, ok?

Best regards!
Garfield.Zhou
From CUBESIM

On 3/17/2022 at 7:21 PM, lights said:

Just wondering, when I purchased these screens I sent the money via Paypal to this email address: zs29901837@gmail.com

Did I get got? 😅

Hi,

I got my two after waiting many many months then within 1 month one monitor went tits up been waiting 5 months for a replacement.

Wish i never brought hem in the first place he never keeps his word.

• 2 weeks later...

I think China's economy is collapsing because of imobiliary market and the government is doing this covid lockdowns to mask the real state of its economy.

In this case, I think the CubeSim is more like a victim of his dictatorial government than a bandit.

Hi Garfield,

Still no replacement  as expected we are now at the end of the month and still no replacement.

You keep making promises that you never keep and keep making excuses been waiting since since October and still no replacement. 

I cannot take you at your word as nothing you say is true.

Every date you have given you have changed. 

Are you going to replace the screen or not?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, Sir, your goods will be shipped on 4th and 1st, I will send you the tracking number before April 10th.
Best regards!
Garfield.Zhou
From CUBESIM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wont hold my breath!

Edited by rapid
  • Like 1

Followed up on my order today. Not hopeful.

I'm at the point where I'm going to make my own. It actually doesn't seem that hard. I bought (2) CLAA070MA0ACW off of AliExpress from China ($40 /ea, BYO power supply). Surprise! They arrived within (2) weeks of order. I'm pretty sure that's the screen he is using.

I'm going to first test to see if I can get them configured in DCS and that I am happy with performance. Then I am going to order 3D printed assemblies. Unfortunately, I don't have a 3D printer otherwise I probably would've not gone to CubeSim in the first place. Wish I could get my money back so I could use it to buy one ...

See the STL library that I am planning on using: https://3dmixers.com/m/232287-thrustmaster-cougar-mfd-claa070ma0acw-housing

Looks like I can get PLA printed parts for like $75 shipped.

• Like 1

Good luck

• Like 1

Hey rapid, I’ve been lurking this thread for quite some time. Best of luck to you getting your replacement. 
I did order 2 screens and mounting boards to go with. The vendor said my order will be shipped mid to late may. Which suggests that he’s dealing with a huge backlog.

I’m cautiously optimistic about his promise but I can vouch for the fact that the lockdown in China is not doing small local businesses any favors. And the vendor’s fb message about tension with Taiwan and custom being a pain in the ass for import goods all sound credible since I have experience growing up in China. Simply put, “<profanity>’s backward there.”

Hi Catmemes,

Looks like a result in my favour see latest.

Hello, your goods have been shipped, and the tracking number is FEDEX:xxxxxxxxx
After receiving the display screen, please do not install the TM cougar MFD directly. Connect the computer to test the screen first to see if it is damaged during transportation.Also, be careful when installing the screws to prevent damage to the screen during installation.
Best regards!
Garfield.Zhou
From CUBESIM

• Like 3