Unreliable track files, please make them use able again.

Maverick_NL

Personally I would rather a functioning replay system with the ability to fast forward and rewind to specific bits to watch, be it to see how well you did, stuff you need to do better,  creating videos or just for fun watching stuff you have blown up, over and above new content.

Purchasing new content seems to be the obvious way to fund it but the risk is the insatiable demand for content means it never gets high enough up the list to happen.

• Like 3

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I'm no marketing director - 

But I would think that if you wanted people to get interested in the game, allowing users the ability to record and replay their flights for entertainment may be a huge free advertising boost. 

The fact that there is no viable re-watch feature in a modern sim where over 30 years of simulations have provided exactly that, isn't a lack of resources or time.  It is a conscious choice.

If I had to venture a theory - it is meant to gatekeep ordinary players from making content, and likely the pressure from the community to have this tool is probably offset by larger stakeholders such as the military or government, holding them somewhat accountable for creating a simulation that, under certain conditions, can entirely pass for real video footage and lead to a lot of misreporting and grey area in real world news. 

Not having that tool easy, and available to every player, thus, is a conscious choice.  Whether or not it is the right one is debatable - but were this tool a priority, they'd have had ample time and resource to change it.  The fact that it isn't a priority is not from lack of interest on the playerbase, but directly from lack of interest on the developer side.  

They don't want to open that can of worms any more than it already is. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bosun said:

I'm no marketing director - 

But I would think that if you wanted people to get interested in the game, allowing users the ability to record and replay their flights for entertainment may be a huge free advertising boost. 

The fact that there is no viable re-watch feature in a modern sim where over 30 years of simulations have provided exactly that, isn't a lack of resources or time.  It is a conscious choice.

If I had to venture a theory - it is meant to gatekeep ordinary players from making content, and likely the pressure from the community to have this tool is probably offset by larger stakeholders such as the military or government, holding them somewhat accountable for creating a simulation that, under certain conditions, can entirely pass for real video footage and lead to a lot of misreporting and grey area in real world news. 

Not having that tool easy, and available to every player, thus, is a conscious choice.  Whether or not it is the right one is debatable - but were this tool a priority, they'd have had ample time and resource to change it.  The fact that it isn't a priority is not from lack of interest on the playerbase, but directly from lack of interest on the developer side.  

They don't want to open that can of worms any more than it already is. 

That is what i am feeling as well.

MrMaverick

Pilot in the RAZBAM Harrier DIsplay Team

Mavericks Youtube: My Youtube Channel

Discord: https://discord.gg/MRU8m5m

• ED Team

As previously mentioned the track replay system was initially a debug tool, and DCS has out grown it, we would like to redo the replay system but at this time it is not possible. It would require a complete rebuild and we are currently busy with other major tasks for the core of DCS. 

If you want to use replays for video editing you need to keep them as simple as possible, if you are using multiplayer with external scripts, or complex scenarios you are setting yourself up for failure. Our video producer uses the same tools as you all and I think we can agree his videos are amazing. 

So to recap, a new replay system is something we want to do, but it is something for the future. 

thanks

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2