Proposed ED Carrier…?

rkk01

While I appreciate that this is indeed an interesting discussion, it ocurrs to me that it really is straying way off the path of the subject of this thread, Proposed ED Carrier, not to mention the subject of this whole subsection of the forum, WWII Pacific Theater.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe a little too in-depth on the particulars. But not really off topic. That proposed carrier is going to have to operate somewhere, and against something. Ships in WWII, particularly in the Pacific didn't just sail in a strait line, they maneuvered. Look at actual pictures from Midway, or the Coral sea. Or any time ships were attacked. This is why the idea of using high altitude level bombers against them was abandoned. They just maneuvered out of the way before the bombs get hit. Plus if ED dose open up the Pacific theater, that means DCS is going to be even more of a naval aviation combat simulator. And since ships are major target for that they need some modeling. Microsoft combat flight simulator 3 had ships that broke up, capsized, and pitched up way back in 2001. I think asking for some basic systems modeling, historical functionality, and basic AI modeling is not asking for the Moon.

So let me put this in another way after the utter disappointment that is super carrier, unless there is actual work put into the naval environment there is no way I am paying one more penny for naval assets from ED operations. The ships have even less functionality then they did way back in the days of Lockon. At least then you could tell them to attack a target, and they would go off on they're own and attack it. We should be seeing basic attack and defensive AI. For instance if you place a torpedo boat and set it to "search and engage in zone", and it detects a target it should go and attack it. The carrier should turn into the wind, if while battling a ship the CIWS on one side become damaged, a d missiles are inbound it should turn so the good CWIS can engage the incoming. And all ships with a radar and a radio should be able to be used as a EWR. 

• Like 2

On 1/13/2022 at 12:52 PM, Silver_Dragon said:

Start to search an naval ship enginier developer...

I hope Eagle does that. I would love it if Eagle paid more attention to the naval enviroment. Ideally some Naval modules would be nice though just having more and better ships would be good

• Like 3