Copy Carrier Group and all static equip to another mission?

Quick question on Mission building; after creating a SuperCarrier mission with a Carrier Grp and a full compliment of static a/c and deck equipment, is there a way to copy ALL of this to another mission? Kind of like a template so we don't have to start all over again. 

Thanks in advance, 

Edited by AvgWhiteGuy
clarity

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Yes, save it as a Template so you can load the template when starting creating a new mission.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Save it as a Template; I don't see that option. To be clear I want to be able to save the Carrier Group (5 ships) AND the full static deck complement in one Terrain map (Ex: Persian Gulf), and then hopefully be able to Copy/Paste it the a different map such as Syria. Thus easily building my Pacific, Indian Ocean, Med, Black Sea and Northern Atlantic fleets.

My attempts so far have only resulted in copying the fleet ship; it's not getting the deck complement.

Edited by AvgWhiteGuy
  • Like 1

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

1 hour ago, AvgWhiteGuy said:

To be clear I want to be able to save the Carrier Group (5 ships) AND the full static deck complement in one Terrain map (Ex: Persian Gulf), and then hopefully be able to Copy/Paste it the a different map such as Syria.

Unfortunately, the Static Templates are map-specific, so they can’t be used on a different map. When I edited my own Templates for this, I was forced to re-create the static objects by hand 😂

• Thanks 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

@Rudel_chw....thank you for your response, I was afraid of this situation although I don't know why they would be specific to a map. However, I found this thread from RedKite and wonder whether this may be the solution; 

I'm certainly not yet capable of building this but will give it a shot as a mission with a minimum amount of triggers to get my feet wet. Here is the followup YT video explaining it.

Finally, I'm still not sure what 'templates' are as I don't see any method to save a mission as one. I'll read into your thread above and appreciate you help.

Thanks again for your reply,

Edited by AvgWhiteGuy

What you can do, which is about 50% reliable, is to simply manually edit the terrain assignment in the mission file.

.miz files are simply zip files containing the full mission directory structure. Any competent zip management tool will let you extract, replace, or just edit in place, any files in that .miz file. To move a given mission to a different terrain, you need to look into the .miz\theatre and .miz\mission files. In the latter, you search for the ["theatre"] parameter and change it to whatever other terrain you want; in the former file, the terrain name is all there is, so just replace that one.

Pick between

• Caucasus

• TheChannel

• MarianaIslands

• Nevada

• Normandy

• PersianGulf

• Syria

This will let you move any kind of setup you have, including things you want to save as static templates, to different terrain.

The reason I'm calling it “50% reliable” rather than 100% (because it 100% works) is that all you're doing is exactly that: you're changing the terrain the units are laid out on. All units and waypoints and whathaveyou will retain their old coordinates, which will not be even remotely near anything useful or sensible. The biggest problem is that depending on from which map you move into which other, your units may end up outside the viewable map area. This makes it… tricky (but not completely impossible) to get a hold of them and move them into a more sensible position. Still, if your source setup has its units placed near the centre of the map, chances are they won't end up on Neptune on the map you move them to, so with a bit of prework, it's all doable.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

@Rudel_chw....thank you for your response, I was afraid of this situation although I don't know why they would be specific to a map.

Perhaps a couple of examples can show why they are map specific:

Let's say that I edit a Static Template for Normandy, with the V-1 historic launch sites that the germans had on France during WW2, to be used as targets for my P-47 missions ... what would be the point of loading this template on the Marianas? or on the Persian Gulf? 

zVkovR7.jpg

Another example: I have a Static Template with Iranian railway stations, to be used as targets for F-18 missions .. they have been placed carefully on the proper site on the Gulf Map, so that the railways match the Stations ... would it be useful on the Syria Map?  even if I could load it, I would have to relocate every single object ... it's the same work as building it anew.

2Y2AohF.jpg

Finally, I'm still not sure what 'templates' are as I don't see any method to save a mission as one.

Here is a Tutorial on the use of Static Templates:

Best regards.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

13 hours ago, AvgWhiteGuy said:

Save it as a Template; I don't see that option. To be clear I want to be able to save the Carrier Group (5 ships) AND the full static deck complement in one Terrain map (Ex: Persian Gulf), and then hopefully be able to Copy/Paste it the a different map such as Syria. Thus easily building my Pacific, Indian Ocean, Med, Black Sea and Northern Atlantic fleets.

My attempts so far have only resulted in copying the fleet ship; it's not getting the deck complement.

Sorry if i can´t help you further, i thought you just wanted to save as a template to use on the same map. I have my carrier with full deck (also populated AFB´s) and have some templates so i can use when starting a new mission or map, but, i have one for each map.

Best regards,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.