HP G2 pushing out updated cables

Burt

On 8/18/2021 at 10:15 PM, Jarhead0331 said:

I don't understand...my customer service experiences with HP have all been dreadful. I've been on the phone with them for 45 minutes now and been transferred to five...that's FIVE different departments trying to get this simple replacement cable. I'm presently on hold for number 6. WTF???

I'm not sure what country support you are using for HP but request to be transferred to the 'Workstations' team. In the UK I'm aware that the 'Workstation' team also doubles-up as the 'VR' team and logs calls for the G2 VR headset. Whether that is the same for other regions I don't know but it's worth asking if the initial caller (which might be a form of switchboard team) seems unsure what team to pass onto.

Edited by Dodge

Regards,
Paul "Dodge / LondonLad" 

SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x , 64GB 3600MHz RAM, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming, NVIDIA RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6, IIYAMA 34" Curved GB3466WQSU Monitor, VPC WarBRD-D Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, Thrustmaster HOTAS Throttle, VPC ACE Interceptor PedalsVKB Pedals (v4) (backup)  + TM MFD w/CUBESIM (x2), PointCTRL, HP Reverb G2 VR  Headset, Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset, & TrackIR

Group: DCAF (Now Left, but a great group to be apart of - UK Based)

On 8/7/2021 at 4:13 AM, RogueSqdn said:

Thanks for posting this information... I came across it yesterday afternoon.  I have a Crosshair Dark Hero motherboard and Ryzen 5950X, so I've constantly had these problems.

I called in to HP yesterday and managed to get a new cable sent to me, but only after being redirected to different support departments SEVEN times.

When I finally got the right person, I took down the department name and phone number, so if any of you haven't called yet:

Workstations Team

(800) 334-5144

I used that exact number yesterday and have a cable on the way (backordered at the moment). Thanks!

PC: ASUS TUF 4090oc - Ryzen 7950X3D - 32gb DDR5 6000 - Quest Pro

Sims: DCS, IL2, MSFS

Pilot Skill: Drunk guy from Independence Day

RIO Skill: Goose (post neck-break) 

On 9/6/2021 at 9:24 AM, ShaunX said:

Thanks for posting this mate, Just got off the phone with a very helpful HP support person and he said I should expect my new cable tomorrow !

My G2 currently works fine, but only via an external USB3 hub. Doesn't work with ANY USB ports on my x570 mobo. Be interesting to see if this resolves that, and if the preformance is any different.

Thanks again.

..Cable arrived via UPS today (with no enclosed instructions to return the old cable). Took 5 mins to replace the old one and, wow, now I can plug into any USB 3 port on my x570.

There's a power button on the new connection dongle but I haven't had to press it - I already have the G2 power cable plugged into a switched, surge-protected socket next to my rig so I always switch on and off with that anyway.

I want to say that the experience seems more stable. I used to get ocasional tracking stutters and they seem to have vanished. Time will tell.

Have to say I'm impressed with HP Support, turning this around in 2 days !

• Like 1

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

The power switch has to be pressed down for about 3 seconds to shutdown.  I really like that power on/off button ! Also like having a backup cable just in case. 

• Like 2

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020