Forcing a SAM radar to go live

Paladin1cd

On 8/27/2021 at 11:47 PM, Paladin1cd said:

Hi, I am attempting to have a stand alone SA10 search radar activate. Unfortunately it doesn't even though it is sitting there I assume because it doesn't have any other assets attached. Anyone have any way to make that thing turn on?

The command to force radar on/off on valid unit is : set option / alarm state / Red (on) Green (off). You can set it in a "triggered action", and trigger it with a T>x sec condition and "AI task execute" action. It works with a stand alone SR unit.

Note some radars rotate, some don't and scan a cone.

Ok so apparently I had that already - under advanced waypoint actions? It isn't radiating at all. I had a trigger set up to have it happen when coallition forces entered a certain zone but I felt that might not be working right so I just set it up as you said. I even set the ROE. No dice. It is with a SA-10 ClamShell radar. 

1 hour ago, Paladin1cd said:

Ok so apparently I had that already - under advanced waypoint actions? It isn't radiating at all. I had a trigger set up to have it happen when coallition forces entered a certain zone but I felt that might not be working right so I just set it up as you said. I even set the ROE. No dice. It is with a SA-10 ClamShell radar. 

Alarm state red/green options actually work with SA10 clamshell (5n66m) stand alone - you can see the radar antena rotating when red and stop rotating when green. I think your issue may be that you are too far to get a spike on RWR ? I just tried and you don't get spike until you are about 125 km away from SA10 SR source. I don't know btw if it's normal or not.

I am not totally sure you are trying to replicate my issue;

So I basically want the SAM to go LIVE, the incoming jets to get "locked" and the SA page to see the radiating zone of the SAM but at NO TIME, the launcher to shoot their missiles Is it your objective too? (the radars alone won't do anything without a launcher)
If so, @Nick_17 wrote a little something for it (Thanks Nick btw 🙂 )

SAMControl.miz

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD