First DCS A-10C screenshot :)

Kusch

There are not enough buttons for everything even on the real F-16 stick so they are doubled or tripled. But unlike a stick such as the X52 there is no shift key. ;) So, what the buttons do depends the ammount of time you press them. 1 click they do one thing, pressing for 2 seconds it does some other command. Radar modes, MFD screens (as alternative to pushing OSD's?), etc etc are handled like this.

I was debriefed in very general lines just as I am doing here. Dont ask for specifics, I dont know.

I dont think there are any HOTAS profiles that work quite like this. We are used to instantaneous commands, weapons handling and radar handling responds differently, and not always instantly, I heard. Maybe pressing a button 2 seconds is the same ammount of time that a radar takes to change mode...in wich case makes perfect sense to assign buttons in such a way. For PC SIM's that do not simmulate this slow responsiveness, programmers dont assign keys like this in order to avoid unnecessary imput delays that would confuse the player. But then Im just speculating.

Edited by Pilotasso
  • Like 1

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Thanks for the clarification. :)

You could maybe do some scripting with the CH control software to do some of that stuff. Don't ask me how though. I wanted to make a simple script to simulate a countermeasure program in LOMAC and my head nearly exploded. That type of stuff and me do NOT mix.

This might answer one of my long-standing questions about who the hell has the time to use OSB buttons when flying. There are a few functions that you might need to do in combat that do require you to press OSBs.

Edited by RedTiger

There are not enough buttons for everything even on the real F-16 stick so they are doubled or tripled. But unlike a stick such as the X52 there is no shift key. ;) So, what the buttons do depends the ammount of time you press them. 1 click they do one thing, pressing for 2 seconds it does some other command. Radar modes, MFD screens (as alternative to pushing OSD's?), etc etc are handled like this.

I was debriefed in very general lines just as I am doing here. Dont ask for specifics, I dont know.

I dont think there are any HOTAS profiles that work quite like this. We are used to instantaneous commands, weapons handling and radar handling responds differently, and not always instantly, I heard. Maybe pressing a button 2 seconds is the same ammount of time that a radar takes to change mode...in wich case makes perfect sense to assign buttons in such a way. For PC SIM's that do not simmulate this slow responsiveness, programmers dont assign keys like this in order to avoid unnecessary imput delays that would confuse the player. But then Im just speculating.

The cougar allows you to program this..

Another thing is that what each button function also varies with what

weapon or display system you are currently operating as SOI.

Example one of the buttons (among its functions) might

change pylons if you tap it in air, if you hold it it cycles weapon types,

if you are in a2g mode it cycles bomb release mode, if you are on the ground it toggles NWS on/off,

plus it does a few more things iirc, this and more with just 1 single button

and no special joystick modes or holding down something else required

Most of the F-16 hotas buttons can be made to work like this in most versions of falcon4 for example,

but it does require some time to set up. I hope/assume we will be able to do the same in DCS.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

• ED Team

In A-10C most of HOTAS buttons have different functionality for so-called short and long presses. Short press is defined as less than 0.5 second. Otherwise it is long press.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

If you guys can find the "-34" from Open Falcon (OF), you can pretty much see how the HOTAS works on the F-16, in OF it is very close to, if not an exact match to the real F-16 HOTAS IIRC.

The function of the HOTAS buttons is control by the by several computer on the F-16 (I think by SMS/MMC, and DFLCC) and each button has different function depending of main system mode (i.e. A-A or A-G,Etc) whether the aircraft in on the ground or not and how long is the button press. Most of the long/short presses are like Olgerd describe, just more than half a second press is long press.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..