A2A ai

L0ngbow

So I just jumped into the F14 a few weeks ago and learning it. Previously, I was on the A10C II and loving it. But now I'm starting to fly the single player missions on the F14 and for the life of me, there are some missions where I just can't beat the enemy ai in a2a. I noticed some posts saying that physics don't apply to them and have better awareness. Is this true? I thought it was already fixed or something.

Edited by L0ngbow

It's true. The WW2 AI have seen some improvement, but they still defy physics to an extent. That extent seems to grow the higher you set the skill level. The best you can do with the modern jets is to slightly nerf their performance in the mission editor by giving them fuel tanks and/or bombs, then setting advanced waypoint actions to "restrict jettison" and "restrict afterburner." Or nerf them entirely by setting "reaction to threat" to "evade fire."

3 hours ago, draconus said:

If you mean BFM some AI can be hard but they all are beatable with the good piloting. A few weeks practice is not gonna cut it.

Sure, that’s doesn’t change the fact though, that the AI is using a different flight model and can do stuff with it performance wise that it should not be able to.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, L0ngbow said:

So I just jumped into the F14 a few weeks ago and learning it. Previously, I was on the A10C II and loving it. But now I'm starting to fly the single player missions on the F14 and for the life of me, there are some missions where I just can't beat the enemy ai in a2a. I noticed some posts saying that physics don't apply to them and have better awareness. Is this true? I thought it was already fixed or something.

It is work in progress.

While AI combat skills are still lacking, I find that the updated F/A-18C Hornet flight model for AI made a big difference in BFM against AI Hornets.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta