DCS World Map Suggestion

Mike Force Team

What does Razbam have planned next for DCS World maps?  Right now, we have seen the teaser videos and photos showing the South Atlantic Map.  Once the map is ready for use, I perceive Razbam has something else it might be working on.  They could work on creating a DCS map for Korea, China, and Taiwan.  Viet Nam, Loas, and Cambodia maps would also be popular for either Viet Nam war campaigns or for present-day missions.  In short, one or more maps showing countries in the Far East would be likely become popular and inspire many great missions/campaigns.

If Razbam does not want Korea, China, or Viet Nam, then they could focus on Afghanistan & Pakistan maps.  Pakistan & Afghanistan were frequently in the news for the past 20 years in the American press.  These two countries would align with the current Russian, European, and American aircraft in DCS World.  

Edited by Mike Force Team
Added more content

1 hour ago, Mike Force Team said:

I perceive Razbam has something else it might be working on.

My perception is that, after the SA Map release, Razbam's Map team will rest a while, fix any initial bugs that may appear, and for a while analyze how well the Map sells and what was the actual total development cost. Only then they will see if developing a second Map makes sense from a business viewpoint.

So, if too many people skip on purchasing this Map because they will wait for a Korea, China or whatever map, then it would be not likely that we would see further Maps from Razbam. As for myself, I will purchase it the moment it gets released, as I just love to have new terrains for my flying, and also the Falklands are fairly similar to Iceland so that I could create GIUK scenarios with just a little of imagination.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

3 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

My perception is that, after the SA Map release, Razbam's Map team will rest a while, fix any initial bugs that may appear, and for a while analyze how well the Map sells and what was the actual total development cost. Only then they will see if developing a second Map makes sense from a business viewpoint.

So, if too many people skip on purchasing this Map because they will wait for a Korea, China or whatever map, then it would be not likely that we would see further Maps from Razbam. As for myself, I will purchase it the moment it gets released, as I just love to have new terrains for my flying, and also the Falklands are fairly similar to Iceland so that I could create GIUK scenarios with just a little of imagination.

Totally understandable.  For me, The South Atlantic map is a first day purchase and look forward to all future Razbam products.   

Intel i7-12700K, 128 GB RAM, 3080 TI, 26 TB of Storage

I thinking as RAZBAM team has a (central / south) american team, has go to centred on some "Americas" conflicts as Cuba missile crisis (as the Cuban team), Bay of pigs, cenepa war, football wars, Nicaragua revolution, invasion of Panama, invasion of grenada, etc.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

19 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

I thinking as RAZBAM team has a american team, has go to centred on some "Americas" conflicts as Cuba missile crisis (as the Cuban team), Bay of pigs, cenepa war, football wars, Nicaragua revolution, invasion of Panama, invasion of grenada, etc.

We know Razbam is working diligently on the South American Map, but we do not know if they will focus on more DCS maps, more aircraft, or something else.  

35 minutes ago, Mike Force Team said:

We know Razbam is working diligently on the South American Map, but we do not know if they will focus on more DCS maps, more aircraft, or something else.  

Map teams on DCS only build maps by them use a exclusive tool, the TDK (Terrain develop team), used to build maps on DCS. That not build pilotable modules (builded with the SDK tools). The RAZBAM terrain team has on same situation as Ugra media 3rd party (make only maps) or the ED terrain team (with build the TDK and make maps to WW2/modern). You dont build a team if when release your first product, disband them.

Actually RAZBAM has 3 teams:

- The "Ecuador" team, with has builded the M2000C, AV-8B, and now has building the Super Tucano (by contract) and the F-15E.
- The "Cuban" team, with has builded the Mig-19P and has building the Mig-23
- The "Map" team, building the South Atlantic map and assets, and surely on the future making more maps.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Map teams on DCS only build maps by them use a exclusive tool, the TDK (Terrain develop team), used to build maps on DCS. That not build pilotable modules (builded with the SDK tools). The RAZBAM terrain team has on same situation as Ugra media 3rd party (make only maps) or the ED terrain team (with build the TDK and make maps to WW2/modern). You dont build a team if when release your first product, disband them.

Actually RAZBAM has 3 teams:

- The "Ecuador" team, with has builded the M2000C, AV-8B, and now has building the Super Tucano (by contract) and the F-15E.
- The "Cuban" team, with has builded the Mig-19P and has building the Mig-23
- The "Map" team, building the South Atlantic map and assets, and surely on the future making more maps.

Thank for the response that clarified the different teams for Razbam.  I look forward to the upcoming Mig-23.  As for the "map" team, would they consider creating maps that involve the polar regions?  For example, during the Cold War, the Soviets and Americans had strategies for launching ICBM's over the North Pole to hit their adversaries.   The North Pole map could include parts of Alaska, the Bering Strait, and parts of the Soviet Union.