Hot damn! Marianas has become stunningly beautiful with today's release

cfrag

Marianas was nice. 

With the patch today, it has become stunningly beautiful, serene, mesmerizing...

So I grabbed my trusty Hornet and some bags, lifted off and headed north towards the new islands. There's something near hypnotic - gliding over the water and watching the islands slowly appear out of the mist assumes a dream-like quality. Calming. Zen-like. A very, very pleasant experience.  

Thank you ED Team for some incredibly beautiful work!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cfrag said:

Marianas was nice. 

With the patch today, it has become stunningly beautiful, serene, mesmerizing...

So I grabbed my trusty Hornet and some bags, lifted off and headed north towards the new islands. There's something near hypnotic - gliding over the water and watching the islands slowly appear out of the mist assumes a dream-like quality. Calming. Zen-like. A very, very pleasant experience.  

What about FPS near Guam? Its better after Todays patch?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I didn’t see any significant performance change in VR, roughly the same fps.  The most taxing part is around Guam but other areas are not bad similar to other maps.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

19 hours ago, Supmua said:

I didn’t see any significant performance change in VR, roughly the same fps.  The most taxing part is around Guam but other areas are not bad similar to other maps.

The rest are ok for me too, something is strange or buggy in Guam.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On 10/20/2021 at 8:53 PM, cfrag said:

Marianas was nice. 

Well spoken! Pacific ocean and some wide scattered volcanic islands sticking out of the water in morning mist = EXTREME SERENITY. 
Not even the sound of the Mossie's two Merlins do disturb the mental calmness. 😇
Thinking of Amelia Earhart and the like...
Thanks to DCS for expanding the 'World' with the Marianas map! 🤗