Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals

Here is my profile attached that I use for both my X-52 and my pedals.

I made the profile by setting bands for the default W key press for wheel brakes which you can see in the jpg.

Lock On.zip

pedals.thumb.jpg.566f60dc75a749751dee1a55a2c8b629.jpg

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=78&lid=671&ttitle=Saitek_Pro_Rudder_Pedals_-_Toe_Brake_Profile#dldetails

go to the link above (you need to log in first) and download it. its a profile for variable towbrakes for your saitek pedals which i uploaded 2 years ago.

enjoy and have fun.

cheers,

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

Hey thanks;

I made the profile by setting bands for the default W key press for wheel brakes which you can see in the jpg.

Hey thanks Highwayman...never thought of using bands...will give it a try..

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

TCL-Bearitall

Hey thanks NoiaA10;

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=78&lid=671&ttitle=Saitek_Pro_Rudder_Pedals_-_Toe_Brake_Profile#dldetails

go to the link above (you need to log in first) and download it. its a profile for variable towbrakes for your saitek pedals which i uploaded 2 years ago.

enjoy and have fun.

cheers,

Hey thanks NotiA10, I didn't see that on LockOnFiles I did look for something like your link but didn't see it..so thank you for the link..

TCL-Bearitall

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

Works Great man!!

Highwayman, thanks just tried it and works great now to practice landings..also I don't know how I could have gone this long without a Rudder Pedals...wow makes turns for runway alot easier...:joystick:

Thanks

TCL-Bearitall

Will check out your Saitek Profile

enjoy and have fun.

cheers,

Hey, got info from Highwayman in how to make a working profile, but will check out yours sometime today..also thanks

:joystick::joystick:

TCL-Bearitall

If you want that the toe brake work in a "analogue" way instead only "on and off":

Add a band every 10% and put in a macro with the W-key.

Start with a long delay at 10%: press only 0,01 sec every 0,3 sec

and end at a steady press at 100%

So it will be most realistic for the non Russian fighters.

keep in mind that Russian fighters use a Analogue brake at the stick.(they don't have a toe brake)

I use the twist grip of the X52 to simulate this with a similar macro in the bands like describe above.

Edited by urze

Hey Nice Info to know

If you want that the toe brake work in a "analogue" way instead only "on and off":

Add a band every 10% and put in a macro with the W-key.

Start with a long delay at 10%: press only 0,01 sec every 0,3 sec

and end at a steady press at 100%

So it will be most realistic for the non Russian fighters.

keep in mind that Russian fighters use a Analogue brake at the stick.(they don't have a toe brake)

I use the twist grip of the X52 to simulate this with a similar macro in the bands like describe above.

Hey Thanks for the nice info..

To be honest I don't fly enough though, but now with the Saitek Rudder Pedals..you will be seeing me more in the air now..LOL

Just did a Practice run to runway..and made a sort of nice landing..not bad for me probably worst for others..will make a short video of it for scrunity..LOL :D

But now I will be practicing alot more of flight time, love this sim...( Lock On )

TCL-Bearitall

:joystick:

I use the first 5% of the X52 throttle as the brake. Works perfect, had it for years. 5% -100% is throttle. Makes no difference in sim. Easy when you taxi etc. I would love to have the rudder pedals to but I think I would leave my break on the throttle. Have fun with the pedals, maybe Santa might be nice. cheers.:)

Actually, there is a large lever handle that protrudes up from the control stick column which allows the pilot to grab with his extended fingers with his palm resting on the stick. When squeezed it activates aircraft's pneumatic braking system. It's functionality is best compared to a handbrake in a car. More you pull it, stronger it brakes!Right next to it is the smaller lever which serves as a coupling for the nose wheel steering. Being held it activates the nose wheel servo motors and works in conjunction with the rudder pedals. To be able to steer on the ground one must hold it and use pedals for steering. If this lever is not held all rudder input one makes is activating only rudder surfaces on the verticals! You can steer the aircraft that way too but it's only noticable at speeds beyond 100 km/h and is used for correcting (fine tuning) the plane down the runway centerline during takeoff rolls!

I use TM Cougar and Saitek rudders and since I fly Russian hardware only (especially Fulcrum) in LO I made specialized profiles for both controlers that work along in conjunction and simulate RL features of MiGs and Sues as much as it's possible for a desktop flyer. If you want i can upload em both here but remember you'll need both controlers to make it work properly. I you use just Saitek without Cougar you won't be able to steer on ground with that profile..

;)

Edit: Steering a MiG might seem as a difficult task but if you look at the older solutions, for instance one present on a MiG-21MF you'll notice it's not that hard. Fishbeds had two levers protruding from the stick. Left one is used for braking or better said blocking the left main wheel making the plane turn to the left on the ground and vice versa for the right lever.

Edited by Vekkinho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I use the first 5% of the X52 throttle as the brake. Works perfect, had it for years. 5% -100% is throttle. Makes no difference in sim. Easy when you taxi etc. I would love to have the rudder pedals to but I think I would leave my break on the throttle. Have fun with the pedals, maybe Santa might be nice. cheers.:)

Interesting, but I see a drawback here. You can't hold the plane on the wheelbrakes and push the throttle to Full Mil at the same time. That's how 90% of TO rolls commence.

What's important here?!

You give your plane enough energy for a quick start but you keep it from moving by applying wheelbrakes. When you release the brakes your plane will accelerate much better than it does during RPM increase. That's how it's done IRL and is pretty handy when taking of from a carrier in LO.

;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting??

Interesting, but I see a drawback here. You can't hold the plane on the wheelbrakes and push the throttle to Full Mil at the same time. That's how 90% of TO rolls commence.

What's important here?!

You give your plane enough energy for a quick start but you keep it from moving by applying wheelbrakes. When you release the brakes your plane will accelerate much better than it does during RPM increase. That's how it's done IRL and is pretty handy when taking of from a carrier in LO.

;)

Well, I always throttle down when I am landing so applying the Toe Brakes are applied more effectively..

Also I use the Saitek X52 and Pro Rudders..thanks everyone for your valued input into this subject..

Well, I always throttle down when I am landing so applying the Toe Brakes are applied more effectively..

Also I use the Saitek X52 and Pro Rudders..thanks everyone for your valued input into this subject..

But that's another drawback especially when snaggin' a wire of a carrier. When you land on a carrier U always throttle up when main gear touches the deck in case the hook fails to snag the wire.

If you already have toe brake option available in terms of Saitek Pro Rudders, why not using it. Believe me you'll get used to it fast and you'll notice it's very useful!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your so right!

But that's another drawback especially when snaggin' a wire of a carrier. When you land on a carrier U always throttle up when main gear touches the deck in case the hook fails to snag the wire.

If you already have toe brake option available in terms of Saitek Pro Rudders, why not using it. Believe me you'll get used to it fast and you'll notice it's very useful!

Correct I do throttle up when trying to land on Carrier, but I am quite the novice to flying I am lucky I get 2 to 5 hours a week that is not enought to get the hang of it..but I will be trying to get much more hours of flying in more like 10 to 20 hours a week..Right now just practicing landing on Runways..did a small video of my landing at KERCH' with using Rudders..

Also only my second attempt at making video's so yes I suck at it...but starting to get the hang..again it something the time improves with..

here is the link, hope you are not too disappointed in my efforts

http://www.teamcombatleague.ca/video/Air_Wolf%20Novice%20Landing.mpg

By the way my new FLight name is Air_Wolf

• 1 month later...

Question to Saitek Rudder Pedals users. What is this weird loud sound when pedals are moving through center? I have seen this on youtube videos? Any way to get rid of this, or rather invest in better pedals?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer