Nvidia Developer CUDA drivers 180.60

I just tested these on a vista 64bit os and BS. I am impressed with the performance and IQ. With infinity trick and this driver set, I'm getting around 20 fps more at high settings and the colors and sharpness are much better then the whql drivers. These are developer drivers, so use at your own risk. Thought I would pass on a link for the adventurers out there.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_get.html

Make sure your video card is supported. I'm running a gtx 260 216 oc.

Edited by Cloudman

Cool, I have a GTX 260 216 also, I'll these installed on Vista Ultimate tonight! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| Intel E6750 @3.2Ghz | 2GB OCZ PC2-6400 RAM | XFX 680i SLI | BFG GTX260 216SP | Western Digital 3200AAKS 320GB SATA II HDD |

| Seagate 320GB 16MB SATA II HDD | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Soundcard | Samsung 245B 24" TFT Monitor |

| Logitech Z-5400 Digital THX 5.1 speakers | Logitech G15 | Logitech MX1000 | TM Cougar #27955 | TrackIR 3 Pro

I'm always trying new drivers. When I installed these I noticed an increase in IQ in BS that was not present in the whql drivers. They seem smoother and a little faster at the same settings. DV seems to work correctly on this set as well. It seems nvidia's beta drivers run better then their certified ones. I saw the 180.70's but read the .60's run better..your mileage may vary :-)

I have not tried FC but will.

By IQ do you mean Image Quality? Also what is DV?

I dl'ing now; ive got a 260 core 216 sc also!

O.K. got the new drivers, I see a definate 10 fps improvement in BS, maybe even 15!!

Question, seeking help!!

I cant seem to get the AA working very well...What should my settings be in Nvidia control panel?? I am pretty green at this newer tech, but quite adaptable. I tried the 'override application' setting, but I still see a lot of jaggies.

Anyone offer advice to a newbie?!

Edited by crazysundog

Did you noticed these improvements for BS or FC ? Also is there a connection between CUDA functionality and BS or you were just referring that you got improved performance and IQ with the latest drivers ?

There is no connection between Cuda and FC or DCS so far…I wish...

Edited by TheMoose

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

DV is digital vibrance. Makes colors seem richer-brighter. I set AA and AF to 8x. I used override app setting and it looks great. You just have to experiment.....Try "enhance application setting". Hi Quality for image settings. vsync forced off.