AC voltmeter selector knob positions don't correspond to the label on the panel

Torbernite

Abstract of the bug

The knob position seems to have some offset from where it should be. The problem is common in default RU cockpit and EN cockpit. Screenshots and .trk file included.

The bug cause

The problem rises from that position "external power" positions are put at wrong angle. As shown in the screenshots below, the knob points at the edge between "C-A" and "B-C" when it's actually "B-C" and "Generator left A-B" when it's actually "C-A".20211127182715_1.jpg

20211127182711_1.jpg

20211127182720_1.jpg

The bug affect

The screenshots below were taken with fully start-up state and no ground power connected. So the "external power" positions should shows 0V and the "generator" positions should shows a little more than 200V. In fact, the knob seems to be pointing at "Generator left A-B" position when it is actually set at "external power C-A" position, and shows 0V, until it is visually set at "Generator left B-C" and actually "A-B" position to show the actual voltage between A-B.

20211127180433_1.jpg20211127180423_1.jpg

All the subsequent positions are offset, when it points at "115" the actual position is "Generator Right C-A" and shows 200+V. and when it is actually set at "115" position, the knob in game points at the edge of "off" position.

20211127180440_1.jpg

20211127180444_1.jpg

Further evidence

For more evidence, we can shut down the right generator. now the "generator right" positions should shows 0V while "left" positions should shows 200+V. But what we get is 200+V for "Generator right A-B" position and 0V for "Generator right B-C"(because they are actually "generator left C-A" and "right A-B"). 

20211127182649_1.jpg

20211127182655_1.jpg

Surely the "115" position would give a 0V for that it's "Generator right C-A" in fact, which is not shown here.

Possible solution

I found a post about a similar problem on another knob selector.

Maybe a similar solution could be  applied here, but I don't have more time to test it.

24bugAC.trk

20211127180444_1.jpg

Edited by Torbernite
mis-composing
  • Like 1

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

This also can be solved by editing the file \Mods\aircraft\Mi-24P\Cockpit\Scripts\clickabledata.lua

Change the line:

elements["VOLT-AC-KNOB-PTR"]        =    multiposition_switch(_("AC Voltmeter knob"),                        devices.ELEC_INTERFACE,        elec_commands.ACGangSwitcher,                91,    11, 0.0947, false, 0, nil, false)

to

elements["VOLT-AC-KNOB-PTR"]        =    multiposition_switch(_("AC Voltmeter knob"),                        devices.ELEC_INTERFACE,        elec_commands.ACGangSwitcher,                91,    11, 0.081, false, 0, nil, false)

It might be happening in other knobs, but playing with that number might help. I guess it's related to the angle it moves on each click. I tried with 1/11 (the 11 is the number of positions) as I did on the other bug but the positions are still weird. By trial and error I think that this number is the best we can get

Both bugs are very easy to solve but I don't know it ED will fix them as they are not very game-breaking

Edited by -Dagger-
  • Like 1

5小时前,-Dagger-说:

This also can be solved by editing the file \Mods\aircraft\Mi-24P\Cockpit\Scripts\clickabledata.lua

Change the line:

elements["VOLT-AC-KNOB-PTR"]        =    multiposition_switch(_("AC Voltmeter knob"),                        devices.ELEC_INTERFACE,        elec_commands.ACGangSwitcher,                91,    11, 0.0947, false, 0, nil, false)

to

elements["VOLT-AC-KNOB-PTR"]        =    multiposition_switch(_("AC Voltmeter knob"),                        devices.ELEC_INTERFACE,        elec_commands.ACGangSwitcher,                91,    11, 0.081, false, 0, nil, false)

It might be happening in other knobs, but playing with that number might help. I guess it's related to the angle it moves on each click. I tried with 1/11 (the 11 is the number of positions) as I did on the other bug but the positions are still weird. By trial and error I think that this number is the best we can get

Both bugs are very easy to solve but I don't know it ED will fix them as they are not very game-breaking

Thanks for your test. But the solution may not be capable with this truly functional knob (unlike the temperature knob which has only visual effect but no actual function and do not affects other system). This edition seems to break its normal function. I tried it and found the actual "115" position can't be reached once the lua edited. When the knob points at visual "115", the voltmeter still shows right generator voltage. It seems that we have to wait for the fix from ED.

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

18 hours ago, Torbernite said:

Thanks for your test. But the solution may not be capable with this truly functional knob (unlike the temperature knob which has only visual effect but no actual function and do not affects other system). This edition seems to break its normal function. I tried it and found the actual "115" position can't be reached once the lua edited. When the knob points at visual "115", the voltmeter still shows right generator voltage. It seems that we have to wait for the fix from ED.

You're totally right, the positions doesn't make any sense with the voltage displayed. Let's hope they fix it soon

• 1 month later...

still not fixed ...

I think only two EXT POWER positions were considered.
As you can see all subsequent switch positions beginning with GENERATORS LEFT A-B are only shifted by one. There is no other position where the selector is between two fields except in the EXT POWER section.

Also the selector knob seems to be a bit off center, like it should be placed half an inch to the left. But maybe this is just my personal preference.

Edited by Lukas2438

• 2 months later...