Most of the mission player say "gear up" before airborne

so can you tell me why the the f-18 make it stupid?

you know, I love you guys campaign, lot of voice cover, I can learn the military phrase by playing. But I only have time to learn how to operate f-18, so I bought all your campaign then change the aircaft lol 

Edited by MivwTaupos

1 hour ago, MivwTaupos said:

so can you tell me why the the f-18 make it stupid?

you know, I love you guys campaign, lot of voice cover, I can learn the military phrase by playing. But I only have time to learn how to operate f-18, so I bought all your campaign then change the aircaft lol 

Every aircraft has different 'argument numbers'. E.G. the gear handle in an F-18 can be argument 216 (it's not), but argument 372 in an A-10 (it's not). So if BD sets up the mission to have the voice over played when argument 372 equals whatever it equals when raising the gear, but you changed it to an F-18, the game will look for argument number 372 in the F-18, which is not the gear but something else. Maybe something that's already flipped on at mission start. It's really not recommended to change anything in complex missions, exactly because of such unforeseen consequences.

42 minutes ago, MivwTaupos said:

Oh, I thought the trigger just simple like if player altitude >1, then tigger voice gear up. damn. 

That's another way to set it up, but what if the player raises the gear at 10 feet? Or at 30 feet? Mission makers have to be prepared for all possibilities, players are not 100% predictable.