Setup for A-10C II

FergusH

Hi all, 

I'm new here, new to DCS, and just got an Alpha, a MongoosT-50CM2, and a MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle. I've got to admit between all that and starting to doing the A-10C tutorials, it's a bit overwhelming! 

Can someone share the files I need to get up and running easily? It's watched several tutorials and it's still not clear to me and I'd love to just get flying!

Thanks. 

Quite understandable. Setting up controls is always a daunting exercise for me.
Eagle dynamic did do a customized settings that should come by default for most of the popular hotas out there. I normally will build on that and change bindings according to my preference.

Also you can go to Eagle dynamic website, check the user file section and under devices, you see a number of templates for different hotas that you can use to build yours.
Hope this help somewhat and welcome to dcs.

Sent from my XQ-AT52 using Tapatalk

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

As Eaglewings points out, you can use a user file with the same setup as you but you'll find that in the end you'll always set up things differently afterwarts and you have to learn/memorize those controls to. They often come with a keyboard.diff.lua file (if bindings were added/changed compared to the original setup) but if you use a different keyboard layout then the author, things already can get messy from the start and more frustrating.

I have a Warthog (with a Virpil stick base for better gimabls) so it's not comparable to your but...
I would start with a basic setup (trim, landing gear, flaps, airbrakes, wheelbrakes, weapons), jut put them where you think they are right for you. If it turns out that some of them are not correctly placed to your liking, you can always change later.
Then adding other controls to your HOTAS combo as you progress through the tutorials. You can press ECS, go into controls and change directly and then resume). You don't need everything at first run and you don't need everything in the end either. You'll probably move and change a few of them throughout your progress.
Go step by step...

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

3 hours ago, FergusH said:

Hi all, 

I'm new here, new to DCS, and just got an Alpha, a MongoosT-50CM2, and a MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle. I've got to admit between all that and starting to doing the A-10C tutorials, it's a bit overwhelming! 

Can someone share the files I need to get up and running easily? It's watched several tutorials and it's still not clear to me and I'd love to just get flying!

Thanks. 

welcome to DCS madness.
it´s always a good idea, enter DCS - Options - Controls - then choose your module.
Then from the right menu, choose "stick", and look what controls and actions the real stick has, so most likely you will need those for your stick as well.
Same for "throttle" or whatever name.
For A-10 stick, from the top of my head you would need:
4way hat trim
4way DMS
4way TMS
4/5 way DMS
a button for NWS
a button for IIRC fov/expand/uncage
2 stage trigger for lasing and gun
a button for dropping bombs
most likely a button for modififer and double your functions

You could also check masterpiece Chuck A-10 guide from mudspike.com, the initial pages have a detailed hotas config.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | Buttkicker | SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle - Phantom