RWR

FlankerKiller

It was more or less announced with BS3.

But since the new rules in Russia, it has been very quiet about it or it is no longer coming.

That's it:

Later in 2020 *(not anymore)* , we will release DCS: Ka-50 Black Shark 3. This upgrade will build on the free cockpit update and add the following features:

Option for weathered cockpit textures.

Completely new external model with a much-improved 3D mesh detail and textures. It will also account for the new systems like the Missile Launch Warning Systems, Directional Infrared Countermeasures (DIRCM) and the Igla air-to-air missiles.

Ability to carry up to four Igla air-to-air missiles.

Integrated Missile Launch Warning System (MLWS) system with display system.

Integrated Directional Infrared Countermeasures (DIRCM) system with integrated display system.

In total, it will make the Ka-50 much more deadly and survivable on the DCS World battlefield.

As with A-10C Warthog 2, Ka-50 Black Shark 3 will replace the current Ka-50 Black Shark 2, but existing owners of Ka-50 Black Shark 2 will get a significant discount for version 3.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/newsletters/newsletter03012020-851b43a35367471cdaea724efa55d2a4.html

Edited by Hobel
  • Like 2

MLWS will be a big step. I've always been able to avoid ground based radar anyway. As long as I know it's there. But having an RWR would let you know when to hide from aircraft. I'm sure that if the Blackshark had been adopted it would have gotten an RWR. But as it is it was only a prototype. God if only that could do the KA-52. But we all know that isn't gonna happen. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...