Standby Attitude Indicator question

zika1234

After 30 minutes of flight, my SAI goes haywire...I checked mission settings, and there are no malfunction options selected..How can i realign standby attitude indicator, so it works properly?

Also, sometimes speed indication disappears from my HUD?

Does the speed indication in HUD updates from from INU system?

This is not from the manual, so I apologise if I am incorrect in procedure, but:

-to correct the accumulated errors in the SAI (caused by airframe vibration I think), you right click and hold the SAI lock button...this will re centre the SAI (eventually...can take a few seconds) , possibly by re-pressurising the gauge for a bit?

- Speed is indicated in the HUD as a function of the INS I believe. If you have not allowed enough time between turning on the INS and flying, then the speed display will not be there, until it has a chance to properly spin up and calibrate (3 or 4 minutes?)

Alternatively, make sure you have "reset" the WCS (putting you back in nav mode), and also have not set any of the HUD declutter options on the HUD Declutter switch.

Also, sometimes speed indication disappears from my HUD?

Does the speed indication in HUD updates from from INU system?

When speed isn't displayed on the HUD you can still see it on the Shkval screen

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice © Scooter

Intel Core i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5, 32Gb DDR4 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3200MHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti Extreme, VKB Gunfighter MkII + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM MFD Panels, TrackIR5

• 3 weeks later...
The idea is to align the SAI before take-off and then keep it caged until you need it.

The S-AID is used for flight recorder data so I don't think it's meant to be flown caged most times. It just needs to be corrected from time to time by recaging/uncaging in straight/level flight, similar to fixing gryo drift.