Airbase Under Siege Mission

ronht

Here is a night mission that I've been working on that provides a bit of a different challange.

Keep the cockpit lights turned off and use the Night Vision Goggles.

For best results, turn on the Night Vision Goggles then -

Turn down the contrast on the Shkval screen so it's not distracting. You will not be using the Shkval on this mission.

Turn down the Abris brightness so it's readable

Turn down the HUD brightness

Your loaded with rockets, use of boresight sighting is recommended.

Also, be familiar with how to use the search light, the first click extends it the next click turns it on. Use the searchlight close in to light up your targets when aiming rockets then turn it off.

Enjoy

ron

Airbase Under Siege.miz

I have been away at work and didn't have time to fully explain what you can expect or what I was trying to achieve with this mission.

First of all this mission takes place at night, which in BS - like the real world is VERY dark.

This mission was designed to explore the possibilities available with the mission editor and as such you will not face all the same challanges each time you play it.

To fully enjoy this mission, you need to be comfortable with your flying abilities with the KA-50 because of the limitations of using Night Vision Goggles and the need to rely heavily on the helicopters instrumentation.

This is more of a technical mission, that explores the challanges of fighting with the KA-50 at night (at the edge of it's designed capabilities) and as such offers a much different and limited visual experience.

ron

• Like 1

Hi ronht,

- I have trouble finding the Artillery I have to destroy. Could you pls describe in the mission briefing where exactly the Ari is.

- Is it planned to refuel on a enemy Farp? I did it on the Unit1 Farp...

- How can I find the aircraft carrier?

It`s very atmospheric mission. It`s cool to see the tracers from AA. It`s also nice to hear you speaking. :-)

Rep inbound!

ScreenShot_105.thumb.jpg.e2cfcadf8c614b304f366d97fdde4024.jpg

ScreenShot_104.thumb.jpg.5750dc8ef5580e0c6165d7ca3b94e5ae.jpg

ScreenShot_103.thumb.jpg.40cff0a7c10b19ca406debc6524fc5cb.jpg

Edited by EagleEye

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

The artillery is located north of the city pretty much straight east of where the enemy tanks are coming from. Look for the flashes as they fire. If you follow the ABRIS course out over the city and turn north to the next waypoint you should be pointed pretty much at them, turn the brightness on the ABRIS down so you can read it.

The aircraft carrier is located south west of the airport. Look for the lights on the carrier and take care not to get too close to the airport if the airport is over-run.

Just for reference, the carrier is traveling eastbound. If you check out the map before starting the mission you should get a pretty good idea where it is located. Use your night vision goggles and the searchlight, landing on the carrier at night provides a bit of a different challenge.

enjoy

ron

Man is that dark DARK!!! :shocking: you guys are havin all the fun! :beer:

I can hardly wait until I get permission from the Warden to start buying some components for my new system. Come oooonnnnnn June!:D

Flyby out

ps looks like ronht is becoming master mission builder (which bodes well for the BS community. ;) )

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

• 1 month later...

Thank you! It is really great to see someone build a mission that challanges your flying abilities, and, at the same time learn more about using the different systems that are built in, and, the flight parameters that the Ka-50 is capable of. Your work is very much appreciated! Keep'em coming!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SOUP55:matrix:

Downloading now, thanks!

Hey Flyby, let me know when you get permission from the tower and we will wing up.

rgrt! I can hardly wait to get airborne (but alas, prudence over all else). But I will definitely be back. And much sooner than I anticipated. Wife is a loving wife! :D

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

• 8 months later...

HTA,

i'm currently in the process of finding an sound card related error.

Right now if i try to play this mission, after ~2-3 seconds the screen constantly freezes.

If i disable sounds in BS Options i can play just fine.

Other missions( e.g. stock campaign missions) run fine, some missions (Dragons mission pack SP, Attack on Krymsk) freeze at a later time.

Could please somebody verify, that this (Airbase under Siege ) mission still works with sound under version 1.0.1?

Thanks in advance.

i7 2600K - 8GB - Win7/64 - Radeon R9 280 / 3GB