Taking a deeper look into Orion HOTAS F-18

paloncho

Hello guys.

My current Thrustmaster T16000 and throttle are starting to show some age and I'm thinking of an upgrade. Natural upgrade would be the HOTAS warthog, but the Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 crossed my path and look promising. The price on the page now looks very competitive but I don't know the shipment and customs taxes into EU (more precisely Spain).

Do you have any experience/ideas on it?

Cheers!

I fly a ka-50 so i'm not in danger... I AM the danger! :joystick:

Shipping for Winwing Orion HOTAS is about 80 USD to EU. I'm still waiting for mine, it got stuck in the customs since December 17th, but I imagine I'll have to pay VAT for the 400 USD HOTAS + perhaps for 80 USD shipping, 480 USD = 422 EUR, VAT should be about 100 EUR. Plus some 15 - 20 EUR of import charges. So it's not 350 EUR HOTAS, it's more of a 520 - 550 EUR one...

If I'll even get it...

hace 4 horas, paloncho dijo:

Hello guys.

My current Thrustmaster T16000 and throttle are starting to show some age and I'm thinking of an upgrade. Natural upgrade would be the HOTAS warthog, but the Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 crossed my path and look promising. The price on the page now looks very competitive but I don't know the shipment and customs taxes into EU (more precisely Spain).

Do you have any experience/ideas on it?

Cheers!

Hello, I just  received my unit to spain, the shipment cost are showed in the final bill , but wen it arrives at spain you must pay (in my case f18 stick + hotas) almost 24€ import taxes to FEDEX, so the final cost for my unit was  $468.96+24€. (70€ shipping the two units)

Hope this Help you. Is a great unit, you wont regret. 

Edited by firefox121
  • Thanks 3

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

39 minutes ago, firefox121 said:

Hello, I just  received my unit to spain, the shipment cost are showed in the final bill , but wen it arrives at spain you must pay (in my case f18 stick + hotas) almost 24€ import taxes to FEDEX, so the final cost for my unit was  $468.96+24€. (70€ shipping the two units)

Hope this Help you. Is a great unit, you wont regret. 

That's excellent data. Thanks for sharing bud!

I fly a ka-50 so i'm not in danger... I AM the danger! :joystick:

Winwing declares 100 USD as the value of package, so customs might just take that and deduct VAT from it.

It doesn't work in my country (Slovenia), you have to send proof of payment, receipts etc. for such items, and the declared low value was stated as one of the possible explanations why my package was being held at customs for 3 weeks now.

hace 6 horas, Bwaze dijo:

Winwing declares 100 USD as the value of package, so customs might just take that and deduct VAT from it.

It doesn't work in my country (Slovenia), you have to send proof of payment, receipts etc. for such items, and the declared low value was stated as one of the possible explanations why my package was being held at customs for 3 weeks now.

check your email, FEDEX usually sends you the import of custom taxes, maybe it is in your spawn email.

I tracked the post, and when it arrives at my country FEDEX sent me a mail with the taxes to pay.

Hope this help

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick