Using CH with Windows 11?

SharpeXB

Anyone encounter problems using CH with Windows 11?

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using a CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, and Pedals on Windows 11 with no issues. I don't recommend using the CH software, but I wouldn't recommend using it with Windows 10, either. Windows natively recognizes all of the CH stuff and allows you to calibrate them, anyway. 

I'm building a new rig and did a clean install of W11. So far CH Control Manager is working properly as it did in W7. 

Rig Specs, i5-12600K, Asus Tuf Gaming Z690 Plus MB, 64 GB Kingston Vengeance Beast ram, Asus RTX 4070 OC, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 1 TB NVme SSD Drive, EVGA 750 Watt PS. Windows 11 Pro 22H2, Vizio 43 inch G-Sync Compatible TV, Oculus Quest 3, CH Hotas,( Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, All axis analog pots converted to sensors), MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, V3.

2 hours ago, 13sq*Axe said:

I'm building a new rig and did a clean install of W11. So far CH Control Manager is working properly as it did in W7. 

That's good to hear, but it does tend to be somewhat random showing up (isn't consistent, fine one time, problem the next) at least in Win 10, so if you start to have issues that's the 1st place I'd start looking.

In Windows 10 it was consistent that I had to use the "Launch Microsoft Store Fix" to get Control Manager to work. So far in W11 not the case but I'll post if things change.

Rig Specs, i5-12600K, Asus Tuf Gaming Z690 Plus MB, 64 GB Kingston Vengeance Beast ram, Asus RTX 4070 OC, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 1 TB NVme SSD Drive, EVGA 750 Watt PS. Windows 11 Pro 22H2, Vizio 43 inch G-Sync Compatible TV, Oculus Quest 3, CH Hotas,( Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, All axis analog pots converted to sensors), MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, V3.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Well the devices work and I was able to calibrate them just fine. But I lost all my mapping moving to W11

bummer… 

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...

Yes, CH Control Manager works properly for me in Windows 11. I'm even using CM Start as I did back in Windows 7 Days. My W10 rig had issues with Control Manager. It would not load a map unless I opened the Microsoft Store app and closed it. No idea why this was the "fix" for that.

I was able to get the CH gear to work fine in W11 and calibrate it without CM. 

Thanks to everyone for the help, but in the end I decided to switch to "Joystick Gremlins" with a little patience you can do everything that "CH Control Manager" does. In the end, the only thing that is lost is the graphical interface, but you switch to a program that is intended to last longer than CH's software.

If you need any help configuring a CH device with Joystick Gremlin, maybe I can help you.

• 3 weeks later...

I too had ditched the glitchy CH software that is no longer supported long ago.  After trying multiple replacement key mapping products, including Joy2key and Joystick Gremlin, I settled on VoiceAttack. I don't even use any voice commands right now, and it is still hands down the best product out there. 

I use it in Il-2 and have functions grouped to different 4-way hats. A left or right press cycles between the different control functions on that 4-way, and up and down buttons change the value or activate a function. The best part - VoiceAttack speaks the function I switch to as I press the left or right button. This greatly eases how much you need to remember. 

It was $10 very well spent, I can't recommend it enough!

i7-9700k overclocked to 4.9ghz, RTX 2070 Super, 32GB RAM, M.2 NVMe drive, HP Reverb G2 version 2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, and a Logitech Throttle Quadrant

• 9 months later...
On 2/6/2023 at 4:53 PM, 13sq*Axe said:

Yes, CH Control Manager works properly for me in Windows 11. I'm even using CM Start as I did back in Windows 7 Days. My W10 rig had issues with Control Manager. It would not load a map unless I opened the Microsoft Store app and closed it. No idea why this was the "fix" for that.

I've replaced my CH HOTAS with VKB gear but still have the CH Pro Pedals. I have a new rig with Windows 11 and am unsure how to calibrate the pedals. The Windows calibration widget sees the device but it keeps asking me to press a button on the device, and to take other actions that only make sense for a joystick. I tried installing the CH Control Manager (which was working fine for me on my old Windows 10 machine) but it doesn't seem to recognize the pedals. I'd like to know how to install it on Windows 11 such that the CH software sees the device. Suggestions would be welcome.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

15 hours ago, sthompson said:

I've replaced my CH HOTAS with VKB gear but still have the CH Pro Pedals. I have a new rig with Windows 11 and am unsure how to calibrate the pedals. The Windows calibration widget sees the device but it keeps asking me to press a button on the device, and to take other actions that only make sense for a joystick. I tried installing the CH Control Manager (which was working fine for me on my old Windows 10 machine) but it doesn't seem to recognize the pedals. I'd like to know how to install it on Windows 11 such that the CH software sees the device. Suggestions would be welcome.

Its unsupported software and has been for quite some time. Occasionally blindly retrying would meant it worked for a bit (and then usually tie itself in knots again) but if you're having issues with it then they're not magically going to go away.

IIRC with the 'now click a button' thing in the Windows calibration, you can just click 'next' on the Windows UI to advance it instead? For as long as I owned CH stuff (which admittedly didn't include pedals) I don't think I ever did the calibration via CHCM and just used Windows calibration.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2023 at 4:05 PM, sthompson said:

I was able to calibrate all the CH devices in Windows 11 just fine. I think you can just click “Next” instead of pushing a controller button since of course the pedals don’t have that.