Illuminated cockpit

westr

Does anybody else find with the Spitfire that the cockpit seems too illuminated in VR particularly around the area where your rudder pedals are. It looks as though I have flood lights on but I have checked that I don't. I feel it should be more shadowy perhaps its just me. 

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

It's not just the Spitfire.

DCS graphics are constantly evolving and the textures and techniques used on aircraft a few years ago tend to react a bit weirdly with the current lighting.

And so there's a constant call for modules to be re-textured to take advantage of the latest tricks.

Spit always had rather "under-shaded" bottom of the cockpit, and post deferred-shading changes in game engine have been making the problem only worse ever since. The fact that the  cockpit was never fully retextured to work properly with post 2.2 versions of DCS doesn't help either.

The old texture mod available in the repository, the one that made the green colour darker, it had some artificial shadows added near the pedals as a partial solution. I don't think it's compatible with 2.7.9, though.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.