Air to Air Refueling A-4 mod

Any tips on how to get the A-4 to complete refueling, the needle moves to 5500 pounds and stays there no matter how long i stay connected.

According to the manual 'Drop Tank Pressurization  Switch for Flight Refuel' is "LCTRL+D" (Hold) i have this key mapped to button (9) i press and hold it but as i said the needle does not move.

What am I doing wrong? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advanced

• BIGNEWY changed the title to Air to Air Refueling A-4 mod

Hey @Quickdraw, not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly, but let me try and give it a shot:

- I'll put the switch into the "depress" position (aft) before I hook up with the tanker

- after some time of hooking up and inventing new foul language as I'm PIOing my way through the tanking, the gauge will hit it's capacity stop and it won't show total fuel, but internal fuel only - 5500'ish is max internal

- to get the fuel-indication for your external bags, you'll need to hit a button on the panel (hold it) to get an indication

- the "transfer complete" call seems to be hit or miss - I've had it today, but I also have sometimes spent half a century behind a tanker without any indication about the termination of the tanking process whatsoever

- when leaving the tanker, put the switch back into the "pressurize" position

Hope this helps.

Edited by Bremspropeller

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

I had this problem before using the refueling switch. Before hooking up, pull it back  - I don't recall what the label says, but it's in the rearward position. I've done AAR in the A4E 4-5 times and I've never failed to get the "Transfer Complete" call once the switch is in the backwards position. Good luck.

• Like 1

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Bremspropeller and Doc, turning on the 'Pressurization Switch' before refueling did the trick i finely got the 'Transfer Complete' now i can get on with my life😁

I thought i had this switch mapped to button '9' on my throttle, but  the switch is not moving when i pressed the button even tho i can  hear a click.

"not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly" you nailed it Brems......Thanks once again.

Doc, great video, i wish i could be that stable when I approach and connect, I kinda move a little to much. But Thank You again.

• Like 1