Saitek x52 and BS

Perhaps this was discussed but for the life of me i cant find it. OK i have a Saitek x 52 that worked well on win xp. I got rid of the old puter and bought a new one with win vista home premium. Now only the basic functions of the flight stick work even after i dl the drivers. I cant program any hat switches. Will BS have an option to program the switches? Again i apologize if this was mentioned before.

Regards.

An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.

The lcd does not light up, only the buttons. I went to the saitex website and dl and deleted the drivers several times. I have the profile editor but I cant run the profile. In profile editor there is a profile icon located at the upper right corner. That icon is grey.

An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.

Not sure what the problem is with your setup, but I'm running Vista Ultimate and just got X52, not pro. All works well with BS, but I noticed that BS does not recognize shift+, alt+, ctrl+ commands. I programmed those through the game itself, but all works well. Try getting latest drivers from Saitek web site, I guess...

Mine works fine, I use the SST programming software with it and BS, and I am running Vista. The SST software does fine with all the modifiers except [right shift], the only command that caused a issue for for me was the one for the landing light, and I just reassigned it to the right Windows key instead.

I think either something has gone haywire in the stick or your driver is not installing properly. Did you run the driver setup with admin privileges?

MD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

I'm not sure if I ran the driver with admin setup. Not sure how to do that. Not computer savvy. First guess is the driver is not installing properly. If you or anyone can pm me with inst I'd appreciate it.

Regards.

do this.. restart the computer and get to a boot options *safe mode boot and stuff like that* one of them should be "start with digital drive signatures disabled" and start it that way. I have the same problem with mine and I have yet to get help from them about it. But that way seems to work.

All you need to do to install the driver with admin rights is to right click on it, and select "run as administrator" from the drop down menu. A lot of things in Vista do not install right unless they are installed that way. You should probably have installed BS the same way too, I know there have been posts from some people who did not and had problems with the install. HTH.

MD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

A other question to the Saitek Profile-Editor:

I use the x52Pro and the latest Driver and Software of Saitek. In BlackShark there are keycommands like "right SHIFT + key". The problem is, that the Saiteksoftware does not accecpt the RSHIFT-Command, LSHIFT only works :joystick:

Is it not possible to set the RSHIFT-Command in the Saitek Profile-Editor? Does anyone know a solution?

Best wishes

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic34649_6.gif[/sIGPIC]

VKB Gunfighter MCG Pro Mk.II, VKB T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV

Solution A:

Remap the modifiers in the controller setup of BS to commands that the SST can understand.

Solution B:

Use only the ingame control configuration for mapping your HOTAS.

after some "try and errors" you will see that he could be as "mighty" like a external program.

Please use also the search function on this forum. It was already answered.

Edit:Searched myself but didn't found it :P -but I can swear that I read it already somewhere...

BTW- How sad it might sound:

Don't except (a quick) support/fix from Saitek.

Saitek was bought by Madcat last year and this didn't really helped to "enhance" their costumer support.

I wrote them already some very polite mails - without response...

,but I didn't lost all hope up to now!

Judge yourself: at their official customer support are since 2month threads that where started by spammers...

Edited by urze

I knew I read something about that before:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=568719&postcount=13

Q: I am programming my HOTAS using the native profilers (i.e. not the Controls set-up in the game options) and I’m having problems adding commands with multiple keys (e.g. CTRL+C). The sim fails to recognize the modifier (i.e. CTRL).

A: This is a bug in the game input system and will be corrected in the western release and a patch for the Russian release. We have provided a replacement file that should fix the issue. The replacement file has not been thoroughly tested and you will be installing it at your own risk. Before installing the replacement file, you should back-up the existing file located here: \...\bin\stable\NewInput.dll (376 Kb). Replace the existing file with the file linked below (380 Kb):

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.ph...7&d=1226743234

Just run the driver setup again. If the LCD is not on the drivers are not installed.

If you are on Vista without UAC disabled, just rightclick on the driver exe file and choose to open as administrator. And go through the installation.

Nothing else needs to be done, I have done this about a dozen times.