Reshade 5.0

Supmua

Official Steam VR support is in (i.e. no longer a hack).  Can’t wait to check out all the filters as this is my favorite DCS mod by far.

Edit: more impressions in the Varjo Aero opinion thread, as I tested it with that headset.

Edited by Supmua
  • Thanks 2

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

i've installed 5.0 correctly but it still doesn't work in VR for me, does anybody have an idea where im going wrong. I have some files from the previous version of reshade that work. 

I got them here Release OpenVR support with basic VR preset · fholger/reshade · GitHub

But I just cant get 5.0 to work in VR.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

54 minutes ago, westr said:

i've installed 5.0 correctly but it still doesn't work in VR for me, does anybody have an idea where im going wrong. I have some files from the previous version of reshade that work. 

I got them here Release OpenVR support with basic VR preset · fholger/reshade · GitHub

See post 7 page 1 of this thread from SOH and expand the text. Clear instructions you may not have seen. 

Edit- this thread  Reshade 5.0 gets native support for VR - Page 2 - Virtual Reality - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

Edited by oz555

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

Reshade 5 uses separate runtimes for VR and 2D. So VR effects will ONLY work from VR interface within Steam Overlay. Whatever you did with 2D interface in the previous version will only applies to nonVR in the newest version.

Think of it as something similar to MSFS2000. To change the VR graphic settings you will have to use its VR mode.

I think it is better this way because whenever I’m in nonVR mode I may want to use only some of the VR settings or a completely different set of filters.

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

3 hours ago, oz555 said:

See post 7 page 1 of this thread from SOH and expand the text. Clear instructions you may not have seen. 

Edit- this thread  Reshade 5.0 gets native support for VR - Page 2 - Virtual Reality - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

Thankyou yes ive worked out how to apply although if i do it in game dcs crashes but I can apply the settings in DCS main menu via steam toolbar

Crashes seem to be the 3dmigito mod installed as I tried reshade 5.0 on my OB which doesn't have 3dmigoto installed and no crashes. Only thing that doesn't seem to work on reshade 5.0 VR is saving the preset, and you don't seem to be able to make a new profile as well as you cant type in a name for it in the keyboard.

But the visuals i'm getting are amazing with this.

Edited by westr

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

The linked other thread has a downlaod link at the bottom of the devs post that does not do anything when I press? Any ideas why?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Use Reshade.me, that's the main page.  There're so many effects plug-ins that you can play with including 2D to 3D conversion, in VR.

Edited by Supmua

if anyone is having trouble saving the reshade preset.ini file I got round it by going to security clicking on edit permissions and adding myself to take permission of the file.

I also run DCS as an administrator, one of the two worked anyway I was able to then save the preset instead of having to re-do all my reshade settings every time I entered the game, was driving me nuts. 

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

• 1 month later...

Is there any way to activate/toggle reshade in VR without a controller? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i9-13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB, ADDLINK S72 2TB, TM WARTHOG COMBO + PENDULAR RUDDER PEDALS, PIMAX 8K X, Sony 5.1 Spks+SubW | DCS OB, A-10C_II, AH-64D, F-14/16/18, F-86F, AV-8B, M-2000C, SA342, Huey, Spitfire, FC3.

• 1 year later...

I know this topic is very old, but it fits my problem

I installed reshade 5.9.2 (it's quite simple) in DCS I added enable VR and Force SteamVR in the shortcut. SteamVR initially in the stable 1.27, now in the current 2.0.6 beta.

Unfortunately I don't have the option/reshade tool to click on in the SteamVR menu, i've tried a lot, but I can't find a solution

Bequiet Dark Power Pro P11 850Watt, MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Carbon WiFi
Core i7 11700K@4,9Ghz all Core OC ["stable"], 64GB (2*32) Corsair Vageance 3200 CL16
AMD Radeon RX6900XT Referenz, HP Reverb 1
WD850X 2TB SSD für SIM und 1TB Firecuda 520 für OS
Virpil CM2 Base, Virpil WRB Rudder Pedals, Saitek X55 Throttle, Honeycomb Bravo, Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke