ED have got me hungry for more

ED have got me thinking I've missed out a lot by not ever trying/getting LOMAC. So I want to buy it today and have a burn around, but I can't seem to find a digital download.

So anybody know where I can find it online to buy and download?

I'll want Flaming Cliffs etc too. So on that note what mods/patches do I need to get it up to date and looking great?

• Like 1

i7 930@ 3.8GHz, Corsair H50-1, Asus P6X58D-E, 6gb Patriot Ram, ATI 5850 1 Gb, Antec 300, F3 1GB HDD, Corsair 24" Dell 2408WFP.

Saitek X52 Pro+Rudder, TrackIR4

Looks like that's a no go. I can find links to buy and download Flaming Cliffs, but not Lock-On itself :(

I'm amazed you can't even get it from Ubisoft's digital download store!

Edited by V1Rotate

i7 930@ 3.8GHz, Corsair H50-1, Asus P6X58D-E, 6gb Patriot Ram, ATI 5850 1 Gb, Antec 300, F3 1GB HDD, Corsair 24" Dell 2408WFP.

Mate, don't know about the digital download, but I recently bought both from the site above with no problems ... snail mail of course. Got it from the UK in about a week.

If DC avionics is as high fidelity as made out on this board, then don't expect LOMAC to be in the same league. Still worth getting though, for a taste of that great feeling of flight and the graphics.

Cheers!

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

• ED Team
ED have got me thinking I've missed out a lot by not ever trying/getting LOMAC. So I want to buy it today and have a burn around, but I can't seem to find a digital download.

So anybody know where I can find it online to buy and download?

I'll want Flaming Cliffs etc too. So on that note what mods/patches do I need to get it up to date and looking great?

Here: http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop&lang=en

You can buy LockOn, Flaming Cliffs and manual

They are shipped from our hanger at Duxford Airfield UK, so you will have to pay shipping costs.

Business Development

TFC/ED

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Fly FC and just the Su-25t....JK ;fly them all, I just wish the whole group of LOMAC redone with its detail....

well till I flew The Ka-50 in DCS.... :thumbup:

30+ years flight sims

-Alienware Desktop With constantly changing specs -Track IR 5 -Thrusmasters Warthog HOTAS #55179 -Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals

dunnno if youve bought it yet but might i suggest taht you think twice?

LOMAC really doesnt compare with the degree of detail thats going into DCS you may find yourself dissapointed. Its your money just letting you know they really are quite different products.

Why don't you want to buy just Flaming Cliffs? It actually is original lockon plus installed patches plus one additional plane plus extended map.

In order to install and play Flaming Cliffs (1.1) one needs to have LOMAC (1.0) already installed!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

dunnno if youve bought it yet but might i suggest taht you think twice?

LOMAC really doesnt compare with the degree of detail thats going into DCS you may find yourself dissapointed. Its your money just letting you know they really are quite different products.

Not true, LOMAC has a very large mods database over at TDW's Lock On Files. You can choose the mods you like and improve graphic detail to your liking (system config).

On the other hand, FC and it's AFM birds (Su-25 and T) offer a lots of fun!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok so I'm still not clear on this. My understanding is that Flaming Cliffs is an add-on to the original Lock-On and is not a standalone product and therefore I DO require LOMAC before buying FC...

Can someone please confirm whether I need the Lock-On disc or whether I can have a perfectly functioning game by just buying Flaming Cliffs??? (In which case, yes I do see its possible to buy FC via digital download)

Edited by V1Rotate
spelling mistake

• ED Team
Ok so I'm still not clear on this. My understanding is that Flaming Cliffs is an add-on to the original Lock-On and is not a standalone product and therefore I DO require LOMAC before buying FC...

Can someone please confirm whether I need the Lock-On disc or whether I can have a perfectly functioning game by just buying Flaming Cliffs??? (In which case, yes I do see its possible to buy FC via digital download)

FC is an add-on to LockOn. You have to first purchase LockOn.

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Thank you Jim. Don't suppose you can confirm whether or not the original Lock On is available as a digital download. It seems strange that you offer the Flaming Cliffs on download but you dont offer the original game that requires it. Even the Ubisoft website doesn't even list Lock On, you just get a broken link to the French site. What if someone has a scratched cd/dvd and needs to re-install etc, they dont want to wait a week, they want to get it sorted asap.

It's crazy, I'm not having a go but I don't understand why your distributors make it so hard to buy your products. Yes I know I'm being pedantic about wanting a digital download for such an old product so demand probably isnt that high, but surely you want to be able to make the most money possible out of your hard work. Yes, I can buy it at a shop or via mail order and have it within a week, but I just don't get why in this day and age you wouldn't make it available through your site.

How long would it take to upload the LOMAC files into the existing LOMAC website and list it on your e-shop for download? I would guess only a couple of hrs max. I have no idea how much revenue you would get from it, but you may get some passing interest from people like myself who never played Lock-On but are intrigued because of Black Sharks amazing experience.

Please excuse me if it seems like a rant, its not my intent it just seems odd to me. You have a fantastic creation in Black Shark, don't you think you'd get some born again interest in the parent of Black Shark?

ED can't make ubisoft offer the product on the ubisoft site - it's ubi's site & ubi's product...

ED can't offer the product on ED's site, because it's Ubisofts product...

Ed can offer FC on the ED site, because FC is ED's product...

Cheers.