Communications menu doesn’t work

Ekaton

Communications menu doesn’t seem to ever open, in different planes, even with easy communications on. I can hear the ATC but I can’t communicate with ground crew or the ATC ever, with radios tuned in and canopy open. I tried binding the key to a different one, but it makes no difference. What should I do?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jules9393 said:

all comms options bound to my hotas

Are you sure you bound the correct radio buttons? In the controls menu, use the HOTAS-dropdown and check there 🙂 
For full-fidelity modules and 'easy communication' disabled, " \ " will only work on the ground since it simulates the communication that - as far as I understand - happens directly between pilot and ground crew via a cable that runs between the aircraft and some ground crew station and doesn’t require electrical power (and thus can be used prior to start-up); which gets pulled out before taxi. Hence the need to bind the actual radio buttons for every other communication.

Edited by Raven (Elysian Angel)
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

What @Flappie said. The change occurred a few updates back.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

I have the same issue. And to reply to @Flappie, it is intermittent.
I just tried for example the Landing mission in the F-16. When I requested Inbound, I used \ but when I requested Landing, I had to RALT-\

Also... Aint this supposed to be why we have Easy Comms? So that we dont have to worry what freq to use? or radio?  And, I can't use \ while on the ground in the F-16. I can with all other planes, just not the 16

Edited by R4pt0r

I've just gave it a try in the F-16C:

• Easy comm enabled:
    • I can contact tower using " \ " or "RAlt + \ " or "RCtrl + \ " (Inbound, then Landing as soon as the tower as visual on me).
  • Easy comm disabled:
    • Both "RCtrl + \ " and "RAlt + \ " works fine.
    • " \ " starts working from the moment I have received an answer from the tower (tower name is followed by ">>" in the radio menu).

I attached two missions, one wih easy comm enabled, and the other one has it disabled (use 263.00 for COM1 and 134.00 for COM2, contact Kutaisi).

If you get different results, please save tracks and attach them here.

F-16C_easycom.miz F-16C_no_easy_comm.miz

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.