Su-27/33 and MiG-29 Radar Settings Keep Resetting

IRL Flanker and Fulcrum,

have a rotating selector for radar antenna elevation with discrete positions and a rotating drum on the throttle for expected target distance, yet in DCS every time the radar is switched off these settings get reset to their default values - 0 elevation and 10km distance, respectfully.

Since Soviet RWRs don't really show type of threat it is polite to switch off your radar when going defensive, so your team mates don't freak out as they suddenly see a full SPO in front of their nose. Unfortunately all your previous radar settings are gone now 😞

Could we please fix this, so that it does not happen any more?

Radar Elevation knob for the Fulcrum:

image.png

Edited by Cmptohocah
  • Like 5

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

Yeah that would be good to have it... I did list it few years ago in my list:

As you see, some of the stuff did get fixed... but I think this is one a bit more major, so I am not sure how much ED is willing to spend time on FC3. 

• Thanks 1

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

Doesn't sound like it should require some major change.

E.g. two variables used to track these need to be defined outside of the radar function so they don't get re-initialized every time that function is invoked.

• Like 1

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!