Mission 6: Biff stops talking after manual reversion drills

ShockandYaw

Got through all of the very detail instructions on manual reversion, turned toward wpt 4 (iirc) and did some practice, but could never get biff to continue.

Tried flying towards the tanker, but in total silence. He was off my wing the whole time just wouldn’t continue with the instructions.

I quit to desktop so I’m assuming I’ve lost all progress/ credit for doing the ground tests, departure plus manual reversion stuff.

Edited by ShockandYaw

• ShockandYaw changed the title to Mission 6: Biff stops talking after manual reversion drills

If it’s user error I’d really like to know what is I’m doing wrong. I’ve tried this mission from the beginning, lost Biff after the manual reversion lesson. Tried again starting from A2A, never got a response from the tanker, though I heard him announcing his positions. Tried again from the ILS landing and never once heard Biff. Triple checked all radios, etc.

Skipped 6 and tried lesson 7 tonight, lost Biff after the first set of instructions. “Let’s turn towards wp3” was the last thing I heard.

What I’ve been able to get through I’ve really enjoyed, but man it’s getting tough dealing with all these glitches.

11 hours ago, ShockandYaw said:

If it’s user error I’d really like to know what is I’m doing wrong.

And that's why it's best to save a track when something strange happens in a mission. With a track it would be clearer is it a bug or user error.

I didn't have any problems in that mission. Biff did have longer pause, I thought it's stuck, but it continued on the way to the tanker.

1 hour ago, Blackbird7 said:

When you quit mission, you get score window with several buttons, one of them is Save track. I don't know if there is some option for auto save, as I forgot to do it manually and just closed window too many times. 🙂

Thanks. It was easily found, I've just mostly glossed over it since I've had no occasion to use it prior to this.

Edited by ShockandYaw

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the same issue. If you change the first two digits of the 33.000 frequency to something else and then back to 33.000, Biff returns!

One other report if I am here: same mission: ATIS reports 20.something pressure (we are being vacuumed out!) which is of course incorrect. Kneeboard has the correct pressure, and of course I paid attention in the first mission, so I knew we are at 1850ish at Thunder. 🙂

(Sorry I can't edit yet) By the way, the issue (Biff can't be heard) is always present if I skip to B or C sections of the mission - and who wouldn't like a nicely setup ILS approach every now an then.

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked the mission, another one where I cannot reproduce the problem, everything seems to be working fine on my end... I suspect some kind of user error OR DCS bug with radio presets. I would generally recommend manual freq switching for the entire campaign.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 3 months later...

I can confirm this error. I had to interrupt the mission and then skipped to the AAR part when I continued. No radio messages from Biff. Changing the first two digits of the 33.000 freq as adviced by zaphat solves the problem.

Edited by Hive