Playing with my Shkval

mjolner

Before you give me a big RTFM slap on the back of the head, I did search for this problem before I decided to post. Also I have actually printed that beast of a PDF and cant seem to find this one. Now, that doesnt mean I have been completely thorough, after all this chopper sim is very complex.

Alibi aside here is my issue. After I uncage my Shkval (love sayin that) and fire weapons and so forth I have been hitting the reset button to turn the HUD back to "normal" which also turns off the monitor. The button I am refering to is right next the laser standby switch to the left of the collective. I am at work so I cant be more specific.

However on my HUD I lose my air speed indication. This doesnt always happen though. So I am pretty sure my procedure is wrong.

Now you can hit me with a RTFM and I will certainly do more of that. But since I am at work and on company time thought I would post and what see others might say about this.

Thanks

You probably still see a "C" on your HUD right? Make sure that after you reset everything that you disarm the cannon by selecting "C" on the keyboard. You will then get your airspeed indicator back. You will notice that the cannon trigger guard on the stick goes back down.

I am hitting the targeting system reset (backspace) key to reset everything.

Chapter 7 clearly states that different weapons have different HUD display info. Maybe not very different but it is covered. SO RTFM does apply here.

Air speed was always there it just changed to a speed tape vice a numerical display. I think I was just concentrating so closely to flying smoothly and never really looked hard at the HUD. Never realized that the 0 500 scale was a speed display.

I think when I expended all my vikhrs the system auto switches to the inboard stow. Is this correct? I have yet to deliberately select and fire rockets or the cannon.

I have one small lessoned learned I would like to share with others like me struggling to fly this thing:

Use the rudder to full deflection when you think you need it. It has tons of authority and gives you tons of control. Gotta re-train rudder useage if you ve been flying jets or GA.

Edited by mjolner

Got to be going over 50 km/h to get the scale up the left side. Anything below that and the Velocity Vector is displayed in the middle of the HUD.

Section 4-5 Number 8.

Very true sir. In my op I was questioning why I lost the numerical speed display after firing weapons, and the 50kmh speed requirment was adding to my confusion.

Playing with my Shkval ... on company time

Stop playing with it. It makes you go blind you know :smartass:

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

I thought this was a thread about my ex-girlfriend.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348