AI Port Side Door Gunner Skin Bug

DishDoggie

Load any skin User Made it Doesn't matter All DCS Stock Skins have the Bug too. Find a Skin with AI patches on their arms that are NOT Game Default of the pilot_UH1_patch_1_cavalery.dds and you will see both pilots up front and the Starboard Door Gunner are now the new Patch *.dds file but the Port side Door Gunner will always be the default pilot_UH1_patch_1_cavalery.dds file. No Lua file change I have found has fixed the Port side Door Gunners Patch Bug. Has anyone ever found a work around for this? I'm sure it has been reported long ago.

DoorGunnerFIX.jpg

Learning As I Go THIS IS NOT A BUG kind of... It has a FIX

I fixed this problem by adding this line in the Description.lua file. So if you ever make a pilot_uh1_patch_1_cavalery (Default File Name) File with New Patches for the

Crew Members (Door Gunners) You will need to add 2 lines to the Description.lua file to make them show up.

The 1st Line with be for just the front seat Ai Skins It is the one in the Default lua file we all use now    {"pilot_UH1_patch", 0, "pilot_uh1_patch_255.dds",false};

Understanding the Red file name is your custom named Patch.dds file. 

To Make the PORT DOOR GUNNERS load you have to add this line to the Description.lua file as well.   {"gunner_UH1_patch", 0,    "pilot_uh1_patch_255.dds", false};

This is why I thought it was a bug. But it is the Lack of this forgotten line that makes one Gunner have the Custom skin and the PORT SIDE DOOR GUNNER to have the Game Default skin load up because it is listed in the Skin information for the 3D model Programing you can find using the Model Viewer to load the Gunner model and then print out the Lua file for it.

• Thanks 1