Default VFA-37: Too many modexes

Nealius

I'm literally looking at the logs,

Which is why I said, if it cannot find the livery, NOTHING is set, it loads the model w/ the textures that were on it when it was exported, which just happened to be VFA37.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

They should improve their "nothing"/"livery not found" case.

On a slightly different but related note, if a `description.lua` is missing (or the flags) the default should be no numbers (or one style, e.g. USN) rather than ALL numbers displayed. Its quite weird that they inverted it when they made this change, its no surprise that there have been countless issues since then.

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

I am communicating with the team,

As I've said, The issue is the exported state of the model, textures, and modex group visibility.

This is the model when it's loaded without any description.lua or livery direction:
image.png

This is the model when "Default Livery" is applied:
image.png

I suggested 2 fixes, 1 for the hornet specifically, 1 for the issue globally (as it affects all aircraft, not just the hornet, the hornet is just plastered with a dozen plus modex groups).

Fix 1 for hornet would be to reverse the visibility argument of the modex groups so they are all off in no load model state.
BUT, This would force all livery creators to edit their livery files.

Fix 2 is global, if Livery Description lua file not found, use \Default Livery\.

Or

Fix 3, Apply default Livery textures to the model materials in max and re-export the EDMs, so when no livery is found it would load the blanked off default textures.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Thanks 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

On 3/18/2022 at 10:09 AM, JSF_Aggie said:

I get it, just doing the Hornet's Syria Free Flight Instant Action mission.  Both myself and the AI wingman have it.  No changes to the mission were made.

Screen_220318_090215.png

ModexTest.trk 107.71 kB · 26 downloads

I have also made ED aware of this issue, the missions have incorrect LiveryID for the aircraft, so it shows the raw model state.

• Thanks 2

• ED Team

Hi Guys

We believe we have found the culprit for this particular issue. 
I have raised this internally for analysis.

Do bear in mind this will be a low priority item for now.

Thanks for your patience.

• Thanks 2

dcsvader.png
Esquadra 701 - DCS Portugal - Discord