george interface with 3 monitors

yeldraw1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb StandingCow:

@NineLine@BIGNEWY Can you poke the team?  They still haven't fixed this even though they inserted some of the thanks to Asto.  We still have to alter the file after every update.

Yes please. Generally for all overlays. 🙂 Please stick them all to the center view, per default.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a two monitor setup with the second monitor below the main. I have successfully exported the left and right MFD's but I am lost when it comes to George AI. Can someone please explain how to edit the PrestonAI_page_common_lua I have attached? My main monitor is 1920X1080 and my second below and aligned with the left edge of the main is 1280X1024. Eever since I exported the MFD's and started using 2 screens George does not respond. Thanks

PrestonAI_page_common.lua

I do see George AI compass ont eh second monitor in the CPG seat. Nothing while in the PLT seat.

Edited by 16th Widowmakr
UPDATE

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.4 GHz

32 Gb RAM, Nvidea GTX 1050 TI

Water Cooled, Windows 10 64 bit

On 6/16/2022 at 6:11 PM, 16th Widowmakr said:

I do see George AI compass ont eh second monitor in the CPG seat. Nothing while in the PLT seat.

Have you followed the instructions from this post from the 25th? 

With a vertical monitor setup you don't want to use the method from the first post, it will only work for people with horizontal multi-monitor setups. But the later solution worked for me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bunny Clark said:

Have you followed the instructions from this post from the 25th? 

With a vertical monitor setup you don't want to use the method from the first post, it will only work for people with horizontal multi-monitor setups. But the later solution worked for me.

I did this but I still get the compass on the lower screen and only in the CPG seat on the left. I noticed the local v= find viewport("GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT", "CENTER")

I don't have a CENTER monitor should I change or remove the "CENTER"?

Screen_220618_122021.png

Screen_220618_123046.png

Edited by 16th Widowmakr

3 hours ago, 16th Widowmakr said:

I don't have a CENTER monitor should I change or remove the "CENTER"?

"Center" is the viewport that the main game renders in, it is defined in your monitor config file. Assuming you're still using the same monitor config file you posted over in the display export thread, your center viewport appears to be set up correctly. 

It looks like you have a fairly similar setup to me, other than my upper monitor is 1440x2560, but that shouldn't make a huge difference. Here's my AI config file, try dropping this in \Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\AI and see if it works. 

35 minutes ago, Bunny Clark said:

"Center" is the viewport that the main game renders in, it is defined in your monitor config file. Assuming you're still using the same monitor config file you posted over in the display export thread, your center viewport appears to be set up correctly. 

It looks like you have a fairly similar setup to me, other than my upper monitor is 1440x2560, but that shouldn't make a huge difference. Here's my AI config file, try dropping this in \Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Cockpit\Scripts\AI and see if it works. 

PrestonAI_page_common.lua 21.6 kB · 1 download

Still the same shows up on the lower monitor in CPG seat on the left

On 6/18/2022 at 5:29 PM, 16th Widowmakr said:

Still the same shows up on the lower monitor in CPG seat on the left

I am running a vertical multi-monitor setup, and editing these lines in the PrestonAI_page_common.lua file did the trick for me.  It doesn't look like you have these edits in your .lua you posted on Thursday.

image.png

9 hours ago, Floyd1212 said:

I am running a vertical multi-monitor setup, and editing these lines in the PrestonAI_page_common.lua file did the trick for me.  It doesn't look like you have these edits in your .lua you posted on Thursday.

image.png

I edited the lua file again and put those two lines in but I think I may have made a mistake. I attached the current file. Still not working correctly for me.

2 hours ago, Floyd1212 said:

Yep, gotta make those edits in the PrestonAI_page_common.lua file after each update.  They overwrite them with their incorrectly "fixed" version after each update.

ED, please fix this once and for all! 🙂

Yep all good once again! Thanks

On 6/22/2022 at 6:08 PM, Floyd1212 said:

Yep, gotta make those edits in the PrestonAI_page_common.lua file after each update. 

You don't technically need to make the edits again. All user-modified files that get cleaned up with the update are moved into a backup folder in your DCS install folder. Just find the files you want to restore and copy them back into your DCS install. 

(One caution with this, if something in the file was actually changed with the update, restoring the old file will undo that update).

• 2 months later...
On 6/22/2022 at 7:04 PM, 16th Widowmakr said:

Well had everything working for about 5 minutes then I downloaded the latest update! Now I have no George menus anywhere!

Think you could share you Preston_AI .lua? I've got everything working except for the George AI interfaces. They work in my normal Helios profile, but not my Apache for some reason.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.80 GHz; 80.0 GB DDR4 3200 (2 x 32; 2 x 8); nVidia RTX4090 24GB RAM; 2TB Samsung 980 NVmA; 2TB HDD; 1TB SSD (System); MoBo MSI X-570 A Pro; PSU: Corsair RM1000X
3 x ASUS 27" 2560 x 1440 75fps monitors, stitched/surround for DCS
1 x ViewSonic 27" Touchscreen (Viewsonic 3420)

46 minutes ago, Floyd1212 said:

There are examples directly above in this thread. 

Understood. Do they all work? The one I've tried does not.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.80 GHz; 80.0 GB DDR4 3200 (2 x 32; 2 x 8); nVidia RTX4090 24GB RAM; 2TB Samsung 980 NVmA; 2TB HDD; 1TB SSD (System); MoBo MSI X-570 A Pro; PSU: Corsair RM1000X

21 hours ago, Floyd1212 said:

I guess it really depends on what your actual problem is.  If the problem is that the George interface is not showing up in the corners of your primary display, this is the fix:

image.png

And this is my PrestonAI_page_common.lua file, which is working for me:

OK, thanks for that. I downloaded it and tried it as-is, but no luck.

I did note the comment about the compass_pos being relative to screen center, with 1 meaning half screen height. So with that in mind, I altered the compass_pos and the weap_control_pos lines to fit on my 5760-wide screen (3 x 1920).

I left what I presume to be the x values intact, but changed the y values to bring them up into the visible range.

Sadly, I still can't see them. Thoughts?

image.png

The code in your snip doesn't really match the code in my snip, so I'm not sure what you were using for your starting point before editing.

Your code is referencing a variable control_pos_offset that you don't have defined anywhere (that I can see). 

image.png

In my code snip, that variable is defined locally on line 34, but I don't see that line in your snip.

I haven't taken the time to fully understand all the math that is going on in this code, but my assumption was that it finds your "main viewport" and places the UI objects relative to the center of that screen; meaning it should work universally, regardless of your specific multi-display orientation.  But I could be wrong.

It just occurred to me, looking at that block of code, that none of it runs if it can't find viewport "GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT".  Do you have this last line present in your CustomMonitor.lua file?

image.png

Beyond that, I'm afraid I am out of ideas...

Thanks very much for your feedback and patience. This is actually very fascinating, even if I'd like this to progress faster than it has. I've learned a great deal about .lua files and what things mean.

I'll try another go round, this time ensuring I'm using a fresh copy of your Preston_AI file. I'll run it as-is, ensuring the reference you spotted isn't there, then make adjustments if I think they're necessary and report back.

Thanks again.

I re-saved your original file, then ensured the GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT was defined in the CustomMonitor.lua file.

I'm happy to report I have a fully-functional AH-64D touchscreen, complete with George AI interfaces for both seats.

Thank you Floyd1212 and Bunny for your help through all this. Your willingness to put up with my bumbling is the only reason this was possible.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

I cannot find a good place to post this; this seems to be the closest I can find:  Multi monitor setup problems but way more basic in the software.  I can't seem to be able to post a screen shot of what is happening.  ... I downloaded DCS, opened it up, clicked "3 monitors" and hit ok.  (figured I'd adjust the resolution later)  Well, the result is that now on start up I get the advertisement screen where you buy more planes, carriers, etc... but now I have the left and right one third of that screen blacked over and I cannot click past that screen to get into the program itself.  I have tried uninstalling, and reinstalling, but the old setting remains so I end up with the same result.  I have tried using ESC and every other keystroke on the keyboard: nothing.  I basically can't play DCS until I install it on a new computer, unless someone here as a work around

Spoiler

.  *palm, insert face*  Thanks in advance.