george interface with 3 monitors

yeldraw1

On 11/8/2022 at 9:42 PM, 104th Charlie Fox said:

I cannot find a good place to post this; this seems to be the closest I can find:  Multi monitor setup problems but way more basic in the software.  I can't seem to be able to post a screen shot of what is happening.  ... I downloaded DCS, opened it up, clicked "3 monitors" and hit ok.  (figured I'd adjust the resolution later)  Well, the result is that now on start up I get the advertisement screen where you buy more planes, carriers, etc... but now I have the left and right one third of that screen blacked over and I cannot click past that screen to get into the program itself.  I have tried uninstalling, and reinstalling, but the old setting remains so I end up with the same result.  I have tried using ESC and every other keystroke on the keyboard: nothing.  I basically can't play DCS until I install it on a new computer, unless someone here as a work around

Reveal hidden contents

.  *palm, insert face*  Thanks in advance.  

Go to your windows profile folder called "Saved Games", then DCS subfolder, then to config folder. 

Open options.lua and you can see "multiMonitorSetup" will point to the file you selected. 

Back up options.lua the rename it. Open DCS and it will create a new options.lua with default settings. You can copy the multiMonitorSetup from the default into your backup if you would like to restore the other settings. 

I cannot find a good place to post this; this seems to be the closest I can find:  Multi monitor setup problems but way more basic in the software.  I can't seem to be able to post a screen shot of what is happening.  ... I downloaded DCS, opened it up, clicked "3 monitors" and hit ok.  (figured I'd adjust the resolution later)  Well, the result is that now on start up I get the advertisement screen where you buy more planes, carriers, etc... but now I have the left and right one third of that screen blacked over and I cannot click past that screen to get into the program itself.  I have tried uninstalling, and reinstalling, but the old setting remains so I end up with the same result.  I have tried using ESC and every other keystroke on the keyboard: nothing.  I basically can't play DCS until I install it on a new computer, unless someone here as a work around

Reveal hidden contents

Go to your windows profile folder called "Saved Games", then DCS subfolder, then to config folder. 

Open options.lua and you can see "multiMonitorSetup" will point to the file you selected. 

Back up options.lua the rename it. Open DCS and it will create a new options.lua with default settings. You can copy the multiMonitorSetup from the default into your backup if you would like to restore the other settings. 

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Go to Windows profile "Saved Games", then DCS subfolder, then to config folder. 

Lol sorry but mega forum glitch looks like it multi-posted 

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I can update that it still doesn't work OOB...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

• 3 months later...