What a machine!

bond672

Good morning, 

First off, ED have outdone themselves with the Apache, I live close to a military base in the UK that flies them. I see them flying over and was in awe. Now, I get the chance to fly one, my hat tips to them even more! 

I struggle to take off, I have to cheat and use George for that, once airborne however, trimmed, it's just awesome, NOE flying, watching the S hook swinging away like a dogging carpark. 

It's a steep learning curve, those on the fence? Get off it and get flying. Thankyou for this ED. You made an ex RAF veteran very happy. 

Simon. 

• Like 1

Agree, very nice, even in EA stage. Mi-24 was good but Apache is on good level on the beginning too! Thx ED!

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

53 minutes ago, bond672 said:

Good morning, 

First off, ED have outdone themselves with the Apache, I live close to a military base in the UK that flies them. I see them flying over and was in awe. Now, I get the chance to fly one, my hat tips to them even more! 

I struggle to take off, I have to cheat and use George for that, once airborne however, trimmed, it's just awesome, NOE flying, watching the S hook swinging away like a dogging carpark. 

It's a steep learning curve, those on the fence? Get off it and get flying. Thankyou for this ED. You made an ex RAF veteran very happy. 

Simon. 

For people like me, who are flying simulators and rl, everything feels so natural and when we hear someone saying it's not possible it sounds so unbelievable...but guess what, we all have been on the same stage at a time. So don't give up and try try try...

Most important in my point of view are following things:

1: understand the principles of the machine / aerodynamics (plenty of tutorials and explanations on YT) 

2: control devices: Wags is the perfect example that you can fly helis perfectly without pedals, but if you can afford them and you are capable of using them, and serious about the hobby (passion) , get some. (also it helps to have quality input devices in general, but doesn't need to be top of the line) 

For alot of people, axis tuning, is very helpful, but it can be also misleading, take your time and try some suggestions for yourself. 

3: don't go the easy way, using cheats and autopilots...the foundation of flying a helicopter is the hover...practice practice practice 

BTW: I still suck at transition into the hover and hover with the AH64 🤭😂

McDan out

Edited by McDaniel

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

4 hours ago, McDaniel said:

3: don't go the easy way, using cheats and autopilots...the foundation of flying a helicopter is the hover...practice practice practice 

This is the first time I've seen a real pilot say that autopilots are a "cheat". Using George as the pilot is also not a cheat, IRL the gunner wouldn't be the one taking off or flying the aircraft.