Additional flight patterns for George AI Pilot

Eight Ball

When George is at the helm it'd be useful to be able to tell him to orbit around a given point.

Look left, designate a point on the ground and he'll fly a left hand orbit around that point.  Look right, designate a point on the ground and he'll fly a right hand side orbit.

Also having the ability to switch between circular and race-track pattern as well as increasing/decreasing the diamater of the orbit would be welcome.

• Like 1

With George's current abilities, it's already pretty awesome. I hope the ability can be improved especially for the features like Control the aircraft even if we are in the backseater, following route by players/clients decision.

this will add awesome capabilities instead of adding unrealistic system features

Thank you

cropped-GVAW_RC2.png

DCS INDONESIA COMMUNITY
Garuda virtual Air Wing
Official Website | Discord | Facebook | Instagram

On 3/25/2022 at 9:57 AM, Makempay said:

orbit point, and run in/run away from orbit point command would be nice as well. For us CPG'S 😄

Exactly, orbiting is a must in SP, right now George is "not so useful" as a pilot without it. Not to mention the collission avoidance: when set to low altitute holding I had to switch back to pilot seat in the last seconds to avoid crashing into electric wires...

• Like 2
  • PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

• 4 months later...

Add an option to the helicopters AI pilot George(or what they are called in other helicopters) to orbit a point.

In the AH-64D it could be a 5th "page" using left arrow that is called ORB where you like on the FLT page can set three parameters ENGAGE/DISENGAGE, DIR, DIST, where DIST is the distance to the point you want George to orbit and DIR is either Left or Right (turn the pilot should start the orbit with. Engage/disengage is if George should start or stop orbiting.

The FLT page can then be used to control speed and altitude while the orbit is engaged.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I would like to request that George be able to fly level somehow. Currently we are only able to use radar altitude for george to fly at. If I am flying over uneven ground he is constantly pitching up and down. He is never able to gain speed doing this. I would like an option to change between barometric/radar BELOW 1300 feet barometric.

• 9 months later...

In the huey, you can hand off controls to your copilot with a couple different modes, level flight, attitude hold, and orbit.

Can we have those in the Apache when I have AI up front?

With the exception of attitude, replace that with radar altitude hold.

• Raptor9 changed the title to Additional flight patterns for George AI Pilot