Quick way to set acquisition source to PHS as CPG?

FalcoGer
Go to solution Solved by Raptor9,

I like to fly around with TADS as sight and GHS as acquisition source, so when I see something I can quickly slew the tads over and identify and potentially engage. But sometimes the pilot sees stuff before I do. Then I need to look down, press R6 and R1 on the MFD to get my acquisition source to PHS, which takes like 2-5 seconds, in which the pilot can't take his eyes off the target.

Is there a quicker way to do that?

Ok then.

Also is the Acquisition source supposed to return to FXD when swapping from TADS to HMD as sight? Would be convenient if it returned to the last acquisition source used for that sight instead of going FXD, which is almost never helpful, at least to me.

• ED Team

The ACQ source will always default to FXD if the current ACQ source is no longer available for selection. For example, if you have the TADS slaved to your helmet (GHS) in the CPG station, and then select HMD as your sight, the ACQ should revert to FXD since you can't have your helmet as your sight and ACQ at the same time.

• Like 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• 1 year later...

Please ... If this is actually how it work's in reality, than it already should be a meme.

Are you telling me the TEDAC - which has bazillion of buttons does not have a switch for the most used and probably the first function which cames to mind in terms how efficiently pass target information between pilot and CPG? Whaaat?

On 3/25/2022 at 5:00 AM, FalcoGer said:

Yes - but not native to DCS.

If you use Voice Attack you could issue a command such as "Pilot Source" or similar, which could do the keypresses for you. 

It's not realistic - so if you want full authenticity - it's going to be the manual presses - but if you're after something to assist you in-game for quicker acquisition - this might be suitable for your needs.

I know when I'm in flight and I have my hands busy voice attack can be a real help - especially since it's not just reaching forward and pushing a button - but having to go to mouse, try and find where in the space time continuum the mouse really is (in VR - which is probably the longest step), then doing the button clicks. 

Am 24.3.2022 um 19:00 schrieb FalcoGer:

I like to fly around with TADS as sight and GHS as acquisition source, so when I see something I can quickly slew the tads over and identify and potentially engage. But sometimes the pilot sees stuff before I do. Then I need to look down, press R6 and R1 on the MFD to get my acquisition source to PHS, which takes like 2-5 seconds, in which the pilot can't take his eyes off the target.

I use Macros for this