Is LSS working well in dedicated server ?

dureiken
Go to solution Solved by dureiken,

Hi,

I just would like to share some thoughts about LSS in MP server ?

2 days ago we tried to use LSS on a dedicated public server, we were not able to cath a laser, even after checking at Laser code page. Buddy lasing not working.

Yesterday, I did some LSS tests with a friend, he hosted a server on his computer and we tested LSS and buddy lasing with two F16 and everything was really fine. Buddy lasing working fine !

We did exactly the same mission with same plane today but on a dedicated server, and LSS was a pain. Impossible to track, when someone catched a laser it goes in the middle of nowhere, tracking something which doesn't exist. Buddy lasing not working.

Could it be linked to dedicated server ? dunno what we could do wrong, we did nearly exactly the same yesterday and today, with same mission and plane.

Thanks for your help

• ED Team

Hi, 

if you have the track replay and it is not to long we could take a look. I have not seen any other reports about this, but I will ask the MP team to watch out for it. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

What was your aspect to the person shooting the laser?  I was using LSS while a Apache was lasing with zero issues on a dedicated server.  As long as my TGP was looking in the right spot it was a quick hook.  

Edited by usafcop11

Just a dummy check.....

The TGP only searches for the laser in its current field of view, so if your pod isn't already looking at the area where your buddy is lasing, then LSS won't turn up anything.

A good technique is to have the guy lasing send out his SPI for everyone to hook and then cursor zero to that new datalink Steerpoint. Once you have all done that, then he can turn on his laser and have you "stare 1688" or whatever (meaning, start your LSS). That should result in a pretty quick capture on the exact vehicle/target/whatever.

We were doing this yesterday viper to viper on a dedicated server with good effect. I will say that recently the LSS behavior is a little odd in that i can't tell when it's done capturing. I don't want to interrupt it, but sometimes I see the target captured, but can't yet move the TGP myself.

Perhaps someone who speaks for ED can make a short YouTube video of how it's supposed to look so we have something to compare it to.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/

• Solution

Does the laser have to look at front of the plane ?

I was looking on the airport my mate was lasing, even in 3 or 9 hours. I can see the little dot making some round trip and fixing when it catches the laser.

edit : I feel dumb but the problem was just distance.

It seems that laser needs to be around 7-8NM to spot a target and searching plane max 16NM to have a catch.

Edited by dureiken
  • Like 1