"Input device TrackIR unplugged" "Input device TrackIR plugged" reverb G2 sound issue

Delta59R

"Input device TrackIR unplugged" "Input device TrackIR plugged" 

-This just started today. Related to update pushed out recently?

-HP Reverb G2 REV-A

-Happens a few minutes after gameplay. 

-That message will appear and simultaneously the sound will switch from the headset to the TV speakers.

-It will not correct itself until you restart

-The game and the visuals in the headset work fine.

-Uninstalling and reinstalling WMR and Steam VR had no effect.

-All the latest drivers, also, it was fine last weekend.

Anyone have this issue? Thanks

Edited by Delta59R
typo

Meshify C w Noctua Fans, MSI Carbon Z790, 13900KS, 64gb 7200 Gskill, MSI 4090, MSI 240, Sam 1tb m2, Sam 512 m2, Seasonic 1000w, MSFF2 Stick + X56 Throttle, HP Reverb G2, Sony 83in A90J OLED

• Delta59R changed the title to "Input device TrackIR unplugged" "Input device TrackIR plugged" reverb G2 sound issue

I had same after about 20min of flying heli on Syria. Happend only twice. Think it could be triggered by WMR sleep timer (I had 25min) when I forget to switch from destop to HMD mod by pressing WIN+Y - cause I disable auto swiching to HMD mode when I put my headset on. It was week ago - caused me crash in Apache, so from that day I never forget to push WIN+Y and it never happend again. 

Its only one posibility, I do a lot of cleaning, and updateds of all kind of software all around DCS and VR last 2 weeks.

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey Plus+, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB GDDR6X, 32GB RAM, Intel i7-7700k 5.1GHz (OC), Hydro Series™ H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, Buttkicker 2 Gamer+SSA Sound Module, Virpil MangoosT-CM2 Base+Grip, Logitech X56 Throttle +Rudder, Logitech Z906 5.1, LG OLED 55'' 4K 120Hz
A10-C II,  AH-64D,  AV88NA,  F-14A/B,  F-16C,  F/A-18C,  Ka-50,  Mi-24,  Mi-8,  SA342,  UH-1H,  SuperCarrier,  Persian Gulf,  Nevada,  Syria,  Simshaker for Aviators

4 hours ago, TylerPL666 said:

I had same after about 20min of flying heli on Syria. Happend only twice. Think it could be triggered by WMR sleep timer (I had 25min) when I forget to switch from destop to HMD mod by pressing WIN+Y - cause I disable auto swiching to HMD mode when I put my headset on. It was week ago - caused me crash in Apache, so from that day I never forget to push WIN+Y and it never happend again. 

Its only one posibility, I do a lot of cleaning, and updateds of all kind of software all around DCS and VR last 2 weeks.

After looking into it a bit it's most likely a defective cable that came with this (an early version) of the G2 headset. Unfortunately, mine is about 18 months old and out of warranty. I just forked out 200 bucks (with tax and shipping) for the heftier V2 cable. Hopefully this is the fix. A powered USB splitter and/or PCIE USB card can also sometimes be a solution but since it has been fine for over a year now, I suspect my USB ports are adequate and the cable is just starting to crap out.

Solved: HP Reverb G2 Errors (7-14, 4-1 or audio stutters/drop/switch... - HP Support Community - 8122856

HP Parts Store - HP Computer Parts - HP Printer Parts - Compaq Parts

This is unfortunately par for the course with HP as the first Reverb V1 that came out before the G2 was also a nightmare of failures.

Meshify C w Noctua Fans, MSI Carbon Z790, 13900KS, 64gb 7200 Gskill, MSI 4090, MSI 240, Sam 1tb m2, Sam 512 m2, Seasonic 1000w, MSFF2 Stick + X56 Throttle, HP Reverb G2, Sony 83in A90J OLED

11 hours ago, Delta59R said:

After looking into it a bit it's most likely a defective cable that came with this (an early version) of the G2 headset. Unfortunately, mine is about 18 months old and out of warranty. I just forked out 200 bucks (with tax and shipping) for the heftier V2 cable. Hopefully this is the fix. 

Nope, it won't.  I have the same issue with the new cable.

On 4/10/2022 at 4:03 AM, Delta59R said:

Anyone have this issue? Thanks

Same issue here with the G2. It happens sporadically but on a regular basis.

I have the latest G2 firmware, latest PC BIOS to fix the USB problems with AMD chipsets, newest RTX driver and the new G2 cable model, but still have this problem. 

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

22 hours ago, Buzzer1977 said:

I have the latest G2 firmware, latest PC BIOS to fix the USB problems with AMD chipsets, newest RTX driver and the new G2 cable model, but still have this problem. 

Now sound is completely gone. The issue started to ramp up and now I have no sound from the headset and only from TV.

15 hours ago, draconus said:

Check if that helps:

Yeah, that was one of the first thing I found. It fixes/prevents the message from popping up but not the sound from going out. Now sound is completely gone from headset.

Edited by Delta59R

On 4/10/2022 at 9:08 PM, Buzzer1977 said:

Back in business, V2 cable worked like a charm!