Question about laser code and channels @ rearming

Hammer1-1

Been bugging me all night practicing tonight and Im getting frustrated here. Every time I rearm, both myself and George cant seem to land a single missile shot unless we change the laser codes. I just spent the last half hour trying to figure out why George kept missing shots and wasting ammo. I did the same thing, but changed the missile codes and they started landing again. Went to rearm, missiles started missing again and this time I was in the default channel and laser codes. What is going on here??

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Same problem here. On a multiplayer mission, i rearmed juste before takeoff and go full hellfire loadout. George can't land any missile on any target (tried to change laser code with no succes) or, not able to fire any hellfire at all after rearming... Worked fine each time with mixed rocket/hellfire loadout.

Am I missing something ?

I9 9900k | RTX 2080 | RAM: 32Gb | DCS Installed on SSD, W10 on another SSD | 1440p Screen | Trackir 5 | HP Reverb G1 | Hotas Warthog + Microsoft force feedback 2 stick + MFG Crosswind Pedals + Homemade 5 axis and  lots of button box.

I tried a similar thing last night. First time I went out, George wasted 3 shots before I took the front seat and troublshot. I wasnt landing any shots either until I changed the codes from B to A and they started landing again. Went to rearm after that because missiles were depleted, and tried the same method. Missiles kept missing again! Changed the codes from A to B, missiles still missed. I know shooting hellfires isnt rocket science, not that hard. So why so many issues after rearming?

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Update - from what it looks like, George keeps his missile settings in the AI control page. When you rearm, the missile page reverts back to RF and you physically have to set it up again before you can shoot. George can still shoot without these missile pages being set up, yet a human gunner cannot launch in these parameters. Basically George is able to launch when he isnt supposed to be able to launch after rearming. Can anyone else confirm this please?

Edited by Hammer1-1
  • Like 1

My wallpaper and skins

Thanks ! Will check tomorrow !

I9 9900k | RTX 2080 | RAM: 32Gb | DCS Installed on SSD, W10 on another SSD | 1440p Screen | Trackir 5 | HP Reverb G1 | Hotas Warthog + Microsoft force feedback 2 stick + MFG Crosswind Pedals + Homemade 5 axis and  lots of button box.

• ED Team

if you have a track replay of it happening please attach. I have just tested rearming and changing codes and George continued to engage after rearming. Would like to catch this happening if possible. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have an online session track where it happends multiple times. I'll upload it tomorrow.

Edited by Plon

Ill post something this evening. Wont be too hard to do.

Edited by Hammer1-1

My wallpaper and skins

Everything fine and working on my end so far. Playing almost exclusively mp sessions where I was rearming and using HF again without any issue. Got to admit tho that I'm always selecting a different lasing channel on my first startup, just to prevent from beeing interrupted by other players lasing targets. Usually I'm using preset channels Oscar and Papa.

So maybe this is something related to the standard preset or you've just been interfered by other players lasing targets.

Edited by Emme

On 4/21/2022 at 2:19 PM, Emme said:

Everything fine and working on my end so far. Playing almost exclusively mp sessions where I was rearming and using HF again without any issue. Got to admit tho that I'm always selecting a different lasing channel on my first startup, just to prevent from beeing interrupted by other players lasing targets. Usually I'm using preset channels Oscar and Papa.

So maybe this is something related to the standard preset or you've just been interfered by other players lasing targets.

Are you using George to shoot? Are you taking the CPG seat for yourself and then letting George take a shot?

Edit: let me clarify how Im getting this - Ill pilot the helicopter into a hover and switch to the gunners seat. I continue to set the gunners position up (acq source, slave to target, set up laser codes and channels) and then expend all the missiles. Ill then get back into the pilot seat, navigate to refuel and rearm and then move onto the next targets. At this  point I let George take the CPG and select targets for him to shoot. He shoots, but doesnt take into account the missiles have to be set up again. When I move back to the CPG seat, I manually set the missiles up again and then Im able to land shots. This is the step George is missing.

Edited by Hammer1-1

My wallpaper and skins

Exact same problem, after rearming I need to setup channel and code (could be done from pilot seat). 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aez9ka6o3ax7fq0/no TADS control.trk?dl=0

somewhere in here theres a moment where George went stupid and did something he shouldnt have done. Wont lie, its a long LONG track and theres a ton of more issues in there I just reported too.

My wallpaper and skins