Waypoint options-time on target and timed orbit.

upyr1

I am building a mission where the Chinese are occupying Guam and are attacking a us naval task force with badgers. I am trying to set it so a massive force taking off from andersen attack at roughly the same time land and repeat. While another is launched from a saipan or a carrier 

I think some way point options like time on target with and inserting a timed orbit waypoint might make things easier 

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you're asking, but you can already set waypoint arrival times in the ME. If you do, DCS will automatically change the required airspeed for that particular flight, in order to have them arrive on time. (Of course you will need to respect the flight's min and max airspeed at that particular altitude).

Haven't used it myself lately, but this used to work a few years ago at least.

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

9 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you're asking, but you can already set waypoint arrival times in the ME. If you do, DCS will automatically change the required airspeed for that particular flight, in order to have them arrive on time. (Of course you will need to respect the flight's min and max airspeed at that particular altitude).

Yep, I believe it still works, it can be a bit fiddly though.

The only thing I wish would change is the 'START' time at the SP waypoint, right now it functions identically to late activation, it would be better IMO if it was desired takeoff time.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

15 hours ago, sirrah said:

It works if you don't use the refuel and land waypoint. I am trying to have flights take off refuel and re-arm the other part the orbit waypoint would work better would improve the current set up. Also I think factors like in flight refueling would be worked it 

Edited by upyr1