F14 - Tomcat Two Major Bugs

cbflex

My communications is no longer working in cold start... Theres literally nothing I can do and ive done everything from rebinding the key from \ to anything else...

I tested out another plane, and communications works there.

Also, sometimes, the Chat window doesn't go away no matter what I press, and im forced to quit the server and rejoin...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm experiencing this too.

1. Go to Instant Action -> F14 -> Cold Start
  2. Press "RAlt + \" but no comms menu appears
  3. Press "\" but no comms menu appears
  4. Press "RAlt + \" after pressing "\" and comms menu appears
  5. Press "RAlt + \" again but comms menu stays open
  6. Press "\" and comms menu closes

In short:

Comms menu open: "\", then "RAlt + \"
Comms menu close: "\"

Edited by Sarowa

On 6/5/2022 at 12:56 AM, Sarowa said:

I'm experiencing this too.

1. Go to Instant Action -> F14 -> Cold Start
  2. Press "RAlt + \" but no comms menu appears
  3. Press "\" but no comms menu appears
  4. Press "RAlt + \" after pressing "\" and comms menu appears
  5. Press "RAlt + \" again but comms menu stays open
  6. Press "\" and comms menu closes

In short:

Comms menu open: "\", then "RAlt + \"
Comms menu close: "\"

did you turn on ground electricity and radio power? just to exclude the obvious.

That said, RAlt + \ opens and closes the menu for me, even if both power and radio are off (alas ofc only ground crew comms will work, which is intentional).

Also, do you guys have any mods installed? Or did you have any mods installed? Mods can also leave orphaned files if not deleted manually.

Additionally - did you try completely deleting your inputs and redoing them after VOIP got introduced? There are several options for VOIP PTT now, which may conflict with your older inputs, too.

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

FWIW I've has this exact same issue for months, can't find a fix. Tried the same troubleshooting steps as OP. It makes testing many things impossible.

Edited by fat creason

Systems Engineer & FM Modeler

Heatblur Simulations

5 hours ago, IronMike said:

did you turn on ground electricity and radio power? just to exclude the obvious.

That said, RAlt + \ opens and closes the menu for me, even if both power and radio are off (alas ofc only ground crew comms will work, which is intentional).

Also, do you guys have any mods installed? Or did you have any mods installed? Mods can also leave orphaned files if not deleted manually.

Additionally - did you try completely deleting your inputs and redoing them after VOIP got introduced? There are several options for VOIP PTT now, which may conflict with your older inputs, too.

This was me trying to open the menu so I could turn on ground power and ground air supply. It previously worked fine but I don't remember exactly when, probably a couple months ago. I have no mods installed and I never installed any mods previously. I do have SRS running and it was connected when I originally encountered this issue. I tried unbinding and rebinding the Radio 1 HOTAS button (hat switch down) I use that is equivalent to "RAlt + \" in DCS to no avail. This is different from my Radio 1 PTT button (hat switch forward) in the Tomcat, which I have bound in SRS, and in DCS as the SRS button IIRC.

I have the same Radio 1 button (hat switch down, same bind as "RAlt + \") bound on planes like the Hornet and it works fine there. The Tomcat has always behaved a little differently with SRS than other planes so maybe there's some weirdness going on there.

My SRS binds are:
hat press in: PTT
hat fore: radio 1 select
hat aft: radio 2 select

DCS radio binds
hat down: radio 1 (same as "RAlt + \")
hat up: radio 2

In the Tomcat, rather than select radio 1, hat fore will instead transmit, and hat press in does nothing. I'm pretty sure this still worked fine even after in-game voice was introduced. I have not used in-game voice to date.

Edited by Sarowa

15 hours ago, Sarowa said:

DCS radio binds
hat down: radio 1 (same as "RAlt + \")
hat up: radio 2

Don't you have a bind for ICS/ground crew comm?

Also check if the special F-14 option for radio PTT behavior changes anything.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria