AA-10C (R-27ER) feels like it is underperforming

MARLAN_

I often find myself testing missile performance for my virtual wing's BVR timelines.

Previously the AA-10C would F-pole at ~21nm (Mutual ~35K/~M1.0 launch) then after an undocumented change the F-pole dropped to about ~18nm.

Now currently I've noticed the AA-10C goes ballistic (starts falling out of the sky) at about ~21-22nm.

I do not know exactly what kind of performance the missile should have, and if this is intended/correct-as-is, totally fine as I have no clue what the missile performance should be, but it does feel very weak right now. However assuming this is intended/correct-as-is it raises another issue that it appears the AI is then firing well outside of valid parameters. Possibly can also be attributed to the "GS dive" coupled with the current radar look-down/up issues, appears their missile is not flying a smooth path which causes excessive drag and massive loss in performance.

P9Dw6PP.png

P22Vq6p.png

AA10C.trk

Edited by MARLAN_
  • Like 5

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2022 at 1:05 AM, MARLAN_ said:

I often find myself testing missile performance for my virtual wing's BVR timelines.

Previously the AA-10C would F-pole at ~21nm (Mutual ~35K/~M1.0 launch) then after an undocumented change the F-pole dropped to about ~18nm.

Now currently I've noticed the AA-10C goes ballistic (starts falling out of the sky) at about ~21-22nm.

I do not know exactly what kind of performance the missile should have, and if this is intended/correct-as-is, totally fine as I have no clue what the missile performance should be, but it does feel very weak right now. However assuming this is intended/correct-as-is it raises another issue that it appears the AI is then firing well outside of valid parameters. Possibly can also be attributed to the "GS dive" coupled with the current radar look-down/up issues, appears their missile is not flying a smooth path which causes excessive drag and massive loss in performance.

P9Dw6PP.png

P22Vq6p.png

AA10C.trk 719.43 kB · 2 downloads

Was there any chaff involved?

It seems to me, from the screenshot, that Alamo started tŕacking behind the target and then re-acquired.

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

1 hour ago, Cmptohocah said:

Was there any chaff involved?

It seems to me, from the screenshot, that Alamo started tŕacking behind the target and then re-acquired.

I tagged this as "fixed" as it seems their performance is back to expected (at least what it was previously, not that it's perfect or anything) since 2.7.15.25026 -- but I did not use any defenses during that test except for a crank and was highly reproducible at the time.

• Thanks 1

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, NineLine said:

Soooooo we just feel like it is wrong? Do we have any evidence to suggest this? I cannot go to the devs with feelings.

So it feels ok now?

When I first posted this, the missile was falling out of the sky after about 10-15nm of flight.

That would mean there was a bug in either AI DLZ calculation because AI was firing outside of Raero, or the missile was not performing as expected.

It would have been one of the two, but I did say I do not know which, because I don't know how the missile is expected to perform.

Anyway, it is back to normal now, so it feels okay now. Can lock this thread if you want.

1A100.png?format=1500w