The destruction of the aircraft during refueling.

vitdor

It was not once (for example, Raven-1 mission 3) when approaching a tanker, suddenly, for no apparent reason, an impact occurs and the plane starts to fall like a maple leaf at a speed of 58 knots. The control does not work. Sometimes with visible damage, sometimes without. Just slowly circling down. What could it be?

I also noticed that when my AI is the first to go to such a refueling, then when approaching the tanker, pieces from it simply scatter in all directions )) but it still refuels successfully.

Edited by vitdor

Not OP, but the same thing happened to me on mission 6 of the Measured Imperative campaign, which has the AI flight lead refueling first.   Turns out my AI lead was trying to tank on the same basket and rammed me from behind.  Also, i wasn't able to stab the basket.  I'm not sure if that was just my bad piloting or if the AI had somehow "claimed" the basket and it was clipping through my probe. Track file was too big to post, but here's a tacview. 

Tacview-20220528-104233-DCS-Mission_6_Strait_Patrol.zip.acmi

Edited by 333kenshin
typo

4 hours ago, 333kenshin said:

Not OP, but the same thing happened to me on mission 6 of the Measured Imperative campaign, which has the AI flight lead refueling first.   Turns out my AI lead was trying to tank on the same basket and rammed me from behind.  Also, i wasn't able to stab the basket.  I'm not sure if that was just my bad piloting or if the AI had somehow "claimed" the basket and it was clipping through my probe. Track file was too big to post, but here's a tacview. 

Tacview-20220528-104233-DCS-Mission_6_Strait_Patrol.zip.acmi 3.49 MB · 2 downloads

While I obviously can't speak to the bug of the OP, AFAIK, the basket thing has been in-game for quite a while. Unsure if it's on purpose or not, but refueling only works for the person that's called it. Whether that be an AI or a human in a multiplayer server.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

• 2 weeks later...