Another X52 Pro Question

LDH67

Hi community,

At the moment I'm using a Saitek X52 Pro as the default controller for my simulators. I've tried some custom configurations of my own, and at the moment I have "Rotary 2" on the throttle quadrant set for my "Cockpit View Zoom", however I'm getting lots and lots of stutters with this, and views moving in and out without any input from me.

I've seen online that this appears to be a known issue, but my setup is still in excellent condition, and I don't have this issue with any other simulators. I've tried adjusting deadzones etc, but this seems to make no difference. Does anybody have a workaround for this please? Or do I have to buy a new controller?

Was hoping to buy Tobii eye tracker just for DCS soon.

Many thanks,

Andrew.

• 2 months later...

Hi there. Better late than never. Afaik all x52s suffer from this. I have this slight jitter when i use my rotaries and sliders to adjust wingspan etc in the pony. Its not much noticable but if used with zoom it sure is pita. Hence i use the switch on the back of my throttle for zooming. Works as good.

Guess the potentiometers in these things are just cheap. Often you gave to make fine adjustments and the jitterung stoops. Too much hassle for simple zooming imhon

Hi, I just set a big dead zone and adjust the saturation to the max and min zoom i want. that way I have 3 position: normal, zoom in and zoom out. No jittering this way.

M2000 | Mig-21 | Mig-15 | F-14 | UH-1H HUEY | A-10C II | MB-339A | A-4E-C | F-18 | F-86 | KA-50 | F-16 |AH-64D| NTTR | PG |

AMD RYZEN 5 2400G 3.9GHz + RX 580 8GB OC + 32Gb + 1TB SSD

• 3 months later...
On 5/29/2022 at 6:04 AM, LDH67 said:

Hi community,

At the moment I'm using a Saitek X52 Pro as the default controller for my simulators. I've tried some custom configurations of my own, and at the moment I have "Rotary 2" on the throttle quadrant set for my "Cockpit View Zoom", however I'm getting lots and lots of stutters with this, and views moving in and out without any input from me.

I've seen online that this appears to be a known issue, but my setup is still in excellent condition, and I don't have this issue with any other simulators. I've tried adjusting deadzones etc, but this seems to make no difference. Does anybody have a workaround for this please? Or do I have to buy a new controller?

Was hoping to buy Tobii eye tracker just for DCS soon.

Many thanks,

Andrew.

Perhaps a bit too late (hope not). If it is, maybe this tutorial will help others with same issue:

FWIW, I had the same problem (jittery on rthe X52's rotaries and throttle, also in X56's rotaries), now solved. 🙂 

Edited by LucShep
  • Thanks 1

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (5.1/4.9p + 3.8e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | UAD Volt1 + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56